Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
The fact that he purposefully left out the tune and said he has a CAI and Boomba tells me everything I need to know. Nothing to see here.
Just your typical salesman.:D
Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
This is why I don't get tuning at all, extra 20-30hp is not worth voiding a 5 year powertrain warranty...
Ya it kinda is. It's not just about the extra power but the throttle inputs and how it makes drivability feel much better.

Rob0381

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang RS1 Premium W/PP
Nope, the warranty only applies to what came on the car from the dealership. I believe the RS1 is all aero stuff and they dont touch the engine.

So no, despite having a real Roush you cannot add more Roush parts under the same warranty.

I do agree, this scenario makes a bit less sense if the dealership did the install; it's already a modified car by Roush and you are using Roush parts, again as long as you had a tech install it. But I get it's all contractual and thats how Ford wanted it.

But just get a Ford Performance Power pack which is the same thing and when a dealership installs you keep your warranty. Same thing really
So the FPP is a tune/CAI combo, or just the tune? It did at least come with the Roush quad tip exhaust.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
So the FPP is a tune/CAI combo, or just the tune?
There are 3 different packs:

1 is tune and drop in air filter
2 is tune and GT350 CAI; and
3 is 2+GT350 intake manifold.

They all make different power numbers too so you would have to research for your needs

Rob0381

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang RS1 Premium W/PP
There are 3 different packs:

1 is tune and drop in air filter
2 is tune and GT350 CAI; and
3 is 2+GT350 intake manifold.

They all make different power numbers too so you would have to research for your needs
I assume these would work on an EB? Appreciate the help buddy!!!

Sponsored

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
Where did the OP go? :bolt:

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
OP be like,

"Just got minor bolts on, nothing that would cause a warranty issue though"

Joking aside, that's a bad ass bitch.

Sponsored

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
He got caught not mentioning the tune :(
Seems to me that the Unleashed Tune is a bit too aggressive for a daily driving due to so many Ecoboost owners sharing their blown up engine stories over the last few months. Sucks that many people are now stuck with a seized engine after wanting to squeeze every last horsepower out of their engines. I am also tuned and I now if my car goes I'm screwed. Luckily my GT is not my daily so it can sit for as long as it needs to until I fix it. Hopefully everything works out for him on getting his car fixed but it's the price we pay for trying to be just a little bit faster than the car next to us. Boost is nice, but it can also be a huge headache :frusty:

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
In my humble opinion Ford should stand behind their product just as long you do not surpass the parameters set forth by Roush and power packs.
Ford warranties the car that Ford built. When you do aftermarket modifications it is not the car that Ford built, it is now the car that YOU built. So they do stand behind their product, just not YOUR product.

If you swap the radio system do you expect Ford to honor your audio warranty still?

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Since we're talking about warranties I have a question pretty much avoided mine when I loaded the teen and long tubes but what my question is I have this little bubble in the paint on my hood I've noticed a few other members have it but I can't find the thread to post in it. I was wondering if I bring my car in for the paint defect will they give me s*** because I have a tune? I don't see why they should check the PCM anyways when it's for a paint matter.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Since we're talking about warranties I have a question pretty much avoided mine when I loaded the teen and long tubes but what my question is I have this little bubble in the paint on my hood I've noticed a few other members have it but I can't find the thread to post in it. I was wondering if I bring my car in for the paint defect will they give me s*** because I have a tune? I don't see why they should check the PCM anyways when it's for a paint matter.
Power train warranty is separate from the bumper to bumper so your paint is still covered
Sponsored