Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

Smarz1018

ScubaSteve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Eco-boost
Wasn't too happy with the white buttons so placed some of the cyan transparent film behind them and now it's almost a perfect match to the factory buttons.

However I have the AUX red and white rcas plugged in but still says no signal to my iPod attached via USB in the center console. I know I'm the other units I had to cycle to AUX 2 for that input. Any idea if I can specify which AUX port I'm plugged into.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
Wasn't too happy with the white buttons so placed some of the cyan transparent film behind them and now it's almost a perfect match to the factory buttons.

However I have the AUX red and white rcas plugged in but still says no signal to my iPod attached via USB in the center console. I know I'm the other units I had to cycle to AUX 2 for that input. Any idea if I can specify which AUX port I'm plugged into.

Different OS, different rules. The AUX port (RCA's) on the back have to be connected to the AUX device you want to listen to/view.

Frenchy480

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt pp shadow black
Hang on, did you figure out how that change screen works? Did I miss that in here?
I had to download an image to the unit then cut and paste it to a folder called tencent video. Then I clicked on the apps icon then on the green android guy with the Chinese writing underneath it and that's where my downloaded image was. Then I clicked on the image and it was loaded into the boot screen. I'd take a pic where I found everything but I won't be around the stang for a while.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
The buttons look good. I wonder how close it would look if blue film was put on the buttons, and keeping the green LEDs. Green+blue = cyan

That would be very easy, and would probably look close enough to factory.

Also, I'm kind of hoping someone develops a dark theme for this. Way too much white on that radio screen. Maybe something like a black background with cyan (or changeable) colored fonts.

Sponsored

fourmustangs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
So this has no sync features?

Does factory backup camera plug and play?

If I change out ACM for sirius would that be available on display?

what all does and doesnt work if you arent trying to do everything bluetooth thru a phone.

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
I can try tomorrow after I install it.
Keep me posted. I'll send you the file over and procedures. Thanks for your help!

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can try it too if you want. I won't be home till way later though.
Sounds good! Just let me know when you'll be ready and we'll try it out.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I wonder, does getting rid of the SYNC box also get rid of the door chime played through the stereo when a doors open?

Sponsored

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder, does getting rid of the SYNC box also get rid of the door chime played through the stereo when a doors open?
I doubt it... I believe the chime is coming from the cluster. However there's a simple way to disable it. Just reprogram the BCM via the OBD connector:thumbsup:

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
The chime comes from the cluster when you leave your headlights on. That just happened to me, it didnt play through the cars speakers, which is what made me wonder about this. No big deal, just a curiosity more than anything.

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whatever chime or honking sounds you wanna disable. You will have to reprogram the BCM via the OBD connector. I reprogrammed my fog lights and indicators already. Ford cars are really simple when it comes to reprog modules...

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
I really wanna make my fogs stay on with turn signals, it's so hard to see my mother in laws driveway every morning.
Sponsored