Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I feel like this works a little better. Most applications work better in a horizontal format IMO.. I only use my phones in vertical when I am forced to do it.

This with DashCommand would be real nice. I had DNX771HD in my last car with screen mirror running DC/BT OBD II it was nice but you always had to keep the screen on with the phone.

[ame]

Having a dedicated android based HU would be sweat. Plus I like having physical buttons for the AC/HEAT.

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
I feel like this works a little better. Most applications work better in a horizontal format IMO.. I only use my phones in vertical when I am forced to do it.

This with DashCommand would be real nice. I had DNX771HD in my last car with screen mirror running DC/BT OBD II it was nice but you always had to keep the screen on with the phone.

Having a dedicated android based HU would be sweat. Plus I like having physical buttons for the AC/HEAT.
I don't disagree, I personally just prefer the improved hardware on the vertical unit, and with multi-window support, it makes running 2 apps at the same time much easier. (For example, Running Torque Pro and NAV at the same time.)

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
I don't disagree, I personally just prefer the improved hardware on the vertical unit, and with multi-window support, it makes running 2 apps at the same time much easier. (For example, Running Torque Pro and NAV at the same time.)
Ya for sure. Is there a video showing that functionality?

My money will go towards which other one has better support. Not interested in plopping down money on something that has a hard time working and lack of support that's for sure.

Sponsored

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ya for sure. Is there a video showing that functionality?

My money will go towards which other one has better support. Not interested in plopping down money on something that has a hard time working and lack of support that's for sure.
There isn't video yet, but another member posted pictures of NAV and Music player, HVAC and Backup cam, Call and NAV, all running dual windowed.

I'm willing to bet that support will be just about equal- As it was with the TomTop unit. They're in China, they don't care, you already bought it. That's why I made the deal with the mfr on my group buy to send me the ROM and APK files, so I (along with others like StangARX) can support, develop, and improve the unit. I just know I've got ants in my pants waiting for the shipment to come in so we can get 5 new POV's on the vertical unit, which will hopefully inspire more to get it, or more to try this horizontal unit. The more choices we have, the better the market becomes, and the more improvements we should see- and we all want the same thing, a better Mustang Experience!

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
I kind of like this one better since it maintains the normal HVAC controls and lower buttons.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
There isn't video yet, but another member posted pictures of NAV and Music player, HVAC and Backup cam, Call and NAV, all running dual windowed.

I'm willing to bet that support will be just about equal- As it was with the TomTop unit. They're in China, they don't care, you already bought it. That's why I made the deal with the mfr on my group buy to send me the ROM and APK files, so I (along with others like StangARX) can support, develop, and improve the unit. I just know I've got ants in my pants waiting for the shipment to come in so we can get 5 new POV's on the vertical unit, which will hopefully inspire more to get it, or more to try this horizontal unit. The more choices we have, the better the market becomes, and the more improvements we should see- and we all want the same thing, a better Mustang Experience!
Ya. I will follow you guys for a little while and let you all be the guinea pigs while I continue to stare at my 3" screen. :(

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ya. I will follow you guys for a little while and let you all be the guinea pigs while I continue to stare at my 3" screen. :(
I'm an Android whore, and a tinkering addict who never leaves anything alone. (Just ask my wife who has finally accepted I never use recipes to cook, and the amount of cover songs I have played with my own personal touches.) I've got a laundry list of things to do on it before I ever install it, and the first thing is to investigate the green lights.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
I'm an Android whore, and a tinkering addict who never leaves anything alone. (Just ask my wife who has finally accepted I never use recipes to cook, and the amount of cover songs I have played with my own personal touches.) I've got a laundry list of things to do on it before I ever install it, and the first thing is to investigate the green lights.
Yes. That would immediately bug the shit out of me. My First WRX had red illuminated buttons all through the car with a GREEN digital compass in the mirror, drove me fkn crazy.

Sponsored

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes. That would immediately bug the shit out of me. My First WRX had red illuminated buttons all through the car with a GREEN digital compass in the mirror, drove me fkn crazy.
I'm waiting on a response from the manufacturer, but the Chinese New Year has them all on limited communications. From what I'm seeing (without having my hands on a unit) is it may just be as simple as a cellophane filter than controls color over a white LED, but time will tell.

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
this unit does not use sync right?

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
I gotta say I think this is the most liveable option seeing how it keeps the factory style climate controls. It's so nice to see so many options

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I gotta say I think this is the most liveable option seeing how it keeps the factory style climate controls. It's so nice to see so many options
While I DO like the factory HVAC controls staying put, I've heard someone who has it report that it has some minor sound issues (high Signal to Noise Ratio) but that could possibly be remedied with a ground loop isolator. Also, if there is any part of the interface on either unit that someone likes more than the other, because it's Android, it could essentially be changed. I have all of the source files for the other unit.
Sponsored