Sponsored

Any electric cutout exhaust owners?

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Surprisingly, doesn't sound like many Mustang owners are interested in this exhaust setup. What made me go this direction is hearing youtube videos of no muffler setups on the 5.0L. This is one of those vehicles a no muffler sounds great.

90% chance I'll get this done after Christmas. Looking at getting the newer QTP setup with the electronic remote for opening and shutting the valves. Opinions are welcomed. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

ALL4SQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0 Premium
I was considering something like this: http://www.xforce.com.au/products/varex-mufflers as an alternative to the Roush active exhaust. Anybody tried it?

Yes, I've had the X-Force Catback exhaust with Varex mufflers on my Mustang for about 2 months. I'm very Happy with the exhaust. I did end up removing the resonator to get more volume. Even with the resonator removed the exhaust is still pretty quiet with the valves closed.

The Varex mufflers are pretty fun to play with. All the low rumble just goes away when you close the valves. With the X-Force resonator in place there was no drone with the valves open or closed. With the resonator removed it will drone with the valves open.

I took RTA SPL measurements with the stock exhaust and the full X-Force catback during cold start-ups. The X-Force exhaust was just as quiet as stock with the valves closed. This was with the X-Force resonator in place.

Here are some pictures:

Stock Mustang Exhaust
[ame]
X-FORCE CAT-BACK
[ame]

Last edited:

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Haha, I love that they provide you with a cig lighter plug. Hilarious.

ALL4SQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0 Premium
Haha, I love that they provide you with a cig lighter plug. Hilarious.

The control box mounts in the center console and plugs into the cig lighter port in the center console. The idea is zero cutting of wiring. Plug and play!

Sponsored

OP
OP
AlmostFamous

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I won an auction for the cheap eBay electric cutout exhaust x2 for $80. I'll get them installed after Christmas and I'll present my findings along with pictures and videos. Worse comes the worst, I'll rip it out and replace it with a higher quality electric cutout if it fails in the next couple months.

Tornado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt pp - white
I have Jegs house brand electric exhaust cut outs fitted with turn downs right behind the differential / in front if the factory mufflers. The wiring was very simple and entire kit cost was less than $300. My switch is located on the side of the center console.

Results: exhaust did get louder with valves open, but it wasn't enough.... Fast forward a month and I've installed an H-pipe to replace the factory resonator. THIS is the set up I would advise. With the resonator removed, you open the cut outs and the exhaust screams and you are rewarded. Close the valves and you return to a near factory sound signature. There is a slight increase in volume when under heavy acceleration with valves closed (which is tasteful) , but at cruising there was no noticeable increase in volume over the factory system. I highly recommend this set up

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I won an auction for the cheap eBay electric cutout exhaust x2 for $80. I'll get them installed after Christmas and I'll present my findings along with pictures and videos. Worse comes the worst, I'll rip it out and replace it with a higher quality electric cutout if it fails in the next couple months.
When you get them, check the flanges. I got some ebay ones and they both designed to be off center. I was a little upset.

I'm having to cut them up and get them welded on.

Silver_Bullet_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rashad
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT Premium