Sponsored

Electric exhaust cutouts

Bcmcc13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
So I did some searching and can't seem to find anything on the forum, but forgive if this is a repeat. I am new :D . I have a 2017 GT with stock exhaust and have been considering doing some electric cutouts. Anybody know how these sound. Is it raspy? Anybody have horror stories or success stories? Any advice welcome.
Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Cutouts sound absolutely terrible on anything imo. period. However if you are looking for obnoxious wake the dead loud at the flip of a switch there ya go.

Storm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 Mustang
One of my co-workers had them on his Challenger R/T. Also had headers, tune, cold-air intake, and catbacks. He had them before the catbacks after the cat. Sounded really good, didn't seem raspy. He liked them since he could control the noise levels between loud and earth-shattering.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Cutouts sound absolutely terrible on anything imo. period. However if you are looking for obnoxious wake the dead loud at the flip of a switch there ya go.

That was my first exhaust setup. H-Pipe with an electric cutout. Here's a low quality video of that setup. I eventually took out the electric cutout, removed the mufflers, and put tips in the back for a true no muffler setup which sounds better.

With the electric cutout closed, essentially an H-Pipe with stock mufflers, it was slightly louder than with the suitcase resonator but still fairly quiet.

[ame]

Last edited:

Tornado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt pp - white
I did cut outs w/turn downs between the axle & mufflers and it was 'ok'. I then replaced the resonator with an h-pipe and now I'm very happy. Screams when open, sounds nearly factory when closed. Get the type of cut outs that allow partial opening for effectively a volume knob

OP
OP
Bcmcc13

Bcmcc13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I did cut outs w/turn downs between the axle & mufflers and it was 'ok'. I then replaced the resonator with an h-pipe and now I'm very happy. Screams when open, sounds nearly factory when closed. Get the type of cut outs that allow partial opening for effectively a volume knob
Any suggested brands?
Sponsored