Sponsored

Quick Time Performance Electric Exhaust Cutouts

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
I need more information on these... I've searched the forum and there's only 3 threads with limited information.

I want better exhaust than stock, but I have neighbors so cutouts sound like the best option for me. I can't find enough videos or sound bytes involving S550s. I want to know if it sounds raspy or not. I'm also concerned about the quality of the cutouts - I've heard the motor can die. Anyone have them installed?

I don't plan on doing headers or cats. I may tune it one day, depends on what happens with the 2020 Mustang.
Sponsored

MK5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP Magnetic
My brother has these on his mustang using the boss Ford performance side exhaust. They work great except that the actuator hangs down. He was told that the original boss side exhaust had a different flange that kept the actuators up but the Ford performance boss side exhaust kit that is compatible with the s550 has slightly different mounting flange degree. The qtp fit and mount fine otherwise but he is going to have the flange modified to bring the qtp actuators up so they aren't hanging down.

OP
OP

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
My brother has these on his mustang using the boss Ford performance side exhaust. They work great except that the actuator hangs down. He was told that the original boss side exhaust had a different flange that kept the actuators up but the Ford performance boss side exhaust kit that is compatible with the s550 has slightly different mounting flange degree. The qtp fit and mount fine otherwise but he is going to have the flange modified to bring the qtp actuators up so they aren't hanging down.
There are two versions, one is oval which is supposed to help keep it out of sight and give clearance. Any idea which one he has?

Last edited:

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
I ran them for years with no problems. I'd buy again if I was in the market. Theirs are also rebuildable if there is ever a failure they don't take care of for you.
Sponsored