CMonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cookie
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Lightning Blue
Hello all,

I'm interested in buying these, however I'm getting a lot of differing information with 2 different shops about installing them. I can't tell if I'm just being told info for the up sale, or if there is a lack of experience with the car/cutout itself.

Purpose: To stay stock quiet as I regularly get in my car between the times of 2-6am. However be muscle car loud at all other times.

Product: I'm getting these cutouts with the remote accessory so there is no customization inside the car.

http://quicktimeperformance.com/MUSTANG/

Setup: I'm completely stock, 2017 GT PP.

Installation: Where do these go? I would assume past the cats but before the resonator?

Questions: One shop said we can do it no problem, $400. Another shop said they would need to delete the resonator, install an X-pipe and Magnaflow mufflers out the back, all for $500 (including the cutout install).

Does the resonator need to be deleted? If it is deleted and an H-Pipe is put in, then does it change the sound if the cutouts are installed before the "H" part of the pipe (I assume the crossing over and equalizing the exhaust pressure is what changes the sound)?

He claims that installing the Magnaflow mufflers out the back will make the car quieter than it is now with the X pipe installed, but I find that hard to believe. Who buys/sells aftermarket exhaust to make the car quieter?

Recommendations: Anyone in Atlanta, GA area that can make a shop recommendation? I've only been able to find 2.
Sponsored

Agent_Kay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Mustang GT
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1141457#post1141457

I have QTP cutouts on my car. Been running them for nearly 3 years and love every bit of it. I have them welded to my off road stainless works headers and running the stock exhaust the rest of the way. The fit is real right but they did a great job making it work. Hope this helps

OP
OP

CMonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cookie
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Lightning Blue
Yea, I saw your post before posting this. I'm not sure if having headers changes things or not as far as placement. Is that S shape right before the resonator part of the stock exhaust system or is that part of the headers?

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hello all,

I'm interested in buying these, however I'm getting a lot of differing information with 2 different shops about installing them. I can't tell if I'm just being told info for the up sale, or if there is a lack of experience with the car/cutout itself.

Purpose: To stay stock quiet as I regularly get in my car between the times of 2-6am. However be muscle car loud at all other times.

Product: I'm getting these cutouts with the remote accessory so there is no customization inside the car.

http://quicktimeperformance.com/MUSTANG/

Setup: I'm completely stock, 2017 GT PP.

Installation: Where do these go? I would assume past the cats but before the resonator?

Questions: One shop said we can do it no problem, $400. Another shop said they would need to delete the resonator, install an X-pipe and Magnaflow mufflers out the back, all for $500 (including the cutout install).

Does the resonator need to be deleted? If it is deleted and an H-Pipe is put in, then does it change the sound if the cutouts are installed before the "H" part of the pipe (I assume the crossing over and equalizing the exhaust pressure is what changes the sound)?

He claims that installing the Magnaflow mufflers out the back will make the car quieter than it is now with the X pipe installed, but I find that hard to believe. Who buys/sells aftermarket exhaust to make the car quieter?

Recommendations: Anyone in Atlanta, GA area that can make a shop recommendation? I've only been able to find 2.
I installed the QTP electric cutouts on my vehicle. I had the cutouts on my vehicle for about two months before I removed it and went with a H-pipe/no muffler setup.

When I had the cutouts, I had the stock resonator removed. In its place, I had the electric cutouts and a universal H-Pipe installed with the stock mufflers out back.

If you take a look underneath you're vehicle, there's no space to install the electric cutouts if you keep the stock resonator.

Sound wise, since the electric cutout was installed before the H-Pipe, it was essentially straight pipes dumped before the axle. Sounded good in lower rpms, but sounded rough the higher you got in the rpms. It had the clap clap clap kind of sound you get from glasspacks with an unpleasant sharpness at 6000+ rpms. The vehicle sounded more Truck like than a Mustang. Also, there was periods of extreme drone. Will it be muscle car loud? Absolutely, the electric cutouts were louder than my current no muffler/H-Pipe setup.

Here's a low quality video I created when I had the cutouts.

[ame]

Last edited:

Sponsored

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Also, Agent Kay had the low profile electric cutouts installed and I had the non-low profile/dump style electric cutouts installed. If you wanted to keep your stock resonator, you would have to get the low profile cutouts and have it installed in the location Agent Kay chose.

Low Profile
qtec66.jpg

Non-low profile
qtp-qtec60cp_us_xl.jpg

OP
OP

CMonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cookie
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Lightning Blue
I appreciate the response man, I saw your post before as well. Seems like there are only 6 people on this entire forum that got them installed, which is interesting, as I thought they would have been more popular, but after adding all of the installation costs it is damn near the price of cat back exhaust, or more expensive if you go with the MBRP brand.

This is the only part that worries me from above "The vehicle sounded more Truck like than a Mustang." I just assumed it would sound good coming straight from the engine, but maybe not since it's not headers, but exhaust manifolds.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I appreciate the response man, I saw your post before as well. Seems like there are only 6 people on this entire forum that got them installed, which is interesting, as I thought they would have been more popular, but after adding all of the installation costs it is damn near the price of cat back exhaust, or more expensive if you go with the MBRP brand.

This is the only part that worries me from above "The vehicle sounded more Truck like than a Mustang." I just assumed it would sound good coming straight from the engine, but maybe not since it's not headers, but exhaust manifolds.
A crossover pipe makes an enormous difference in the sound quality and tone of the exhaust. Everyone has a different take on exhaust setups, and the electric cutout setup is no different, but while it sounded good in lower rpms, the moment you reached moderate acceleration, the exhaust had a truck like/glass pack kind of sound. If there was a way to install the electric cutouts after the crossover pipe (H-Pipe, X-Pipe), it would have sounded magnitudes better. There's just so little space to work with where the stock resonator is located. We couldn't find a way to install the electric cutout after the crossover pipe. The way I had it installed, with the crossover pipe after the electric cutouts, there was literally zero room to spare.

OP
OP

CMonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cookie
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Lightning Blue
Cool man, appreciate the feedback. I think I'm going to stick to my original plan of a few visual mods first then, and see where life takes me in a year to where I might not need to be so silent half of the time.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I have QTP low-pro cutouts right after my headers for racing. Just about every race I go to people come up to me to tell me how awesome the car sounds. I don't think it sounds like a truck at all, but that could be the headers helping.

Sponsored

Agent_Kay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Mustang GT

Agent_Kay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Mustang GT
I have QTP low-pro cutouts right after my headers for racing. Just about every race I go to people come up to me to tell me how awesome the car sounds. I don't think it sounds like a truck at all, but that could be the headers helping.
I agree. I don't hear the truck sound at all. If you look on my IG I have a video somewhere on there of me going down the front straight of Fontana and it sounds like a nascar cup car.

For other sound clips check my IG: kris_agbayani
Sponsored