Sponsored

Full Tilt Boogie GT350 Brake Conversion Kit Install

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I'm not disagreeing with the AP brake system. I'm also not saying one is better than the other. But I know guys that track race their GT350s on a weekly basis and have yet had any brake issues running stock GT350 brake calipers and rotors. Brake pads are a personal choice. I know AP is a great brake company and offers phenomenal products, but for a street / track car I don't see the point in swapping to a AP set up. Removing two nuts to swap out a set of pads isn't a big deal to me. But I am interested in the weight difference. I'd like to see what the weights are of the AP calipers and rotors for the GT350. Also are these direct fit to the stock GT350 knuckle? Or are modifications / adapters needed?
I'd much rather have carbon ceramic rotors if I could find a set.
I feel like we are going in circles.

Good for them, I never said I had any issues with the brakes they are great indeed.

I march to the beat of my own drum.

Like I've said, dust boots do not belong on a track car. A non removable caliper bridge is never found on any track car for many reasons.

I swap pads 2-3 times a month, they way it's setup is not a ideal.

The pad offerings for the oem caliper are not what I prefer.

It's a personal choice, I'm not telling anyone or forcing anyone to buy it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase

Good for them, I never said I had any issues with the brakes they are great indeed.

Like I've said, dust boots do not belong on a track car. A non removable caliper bridge is never found on any track car for many reasons.

I get this kit may not be what works best for everyone and that's ok but I made this thread for the people who are interested in it. Can we move on back to the original topic now? People who see and come into this thread are going to have to scroll through the spin off information just to get the info they are looking for.

I didn't say the GT350 brakes are the BEST for tracking but they are way more than capable to track with. I will say this is the best kit out there for people who bought their cars to drive them. You obviously have you goal and that's great but this is for the majority of people who want a better option and who drive their cars on the street and even track on a regular basis. A lot of us will only change the pads when they wear out and will find this setup to be the best option out there.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood

Jesus dude relax. I didn't even quote you so calm down. I know you want AP brakes. That's fine. Brembo also makes race spec calipers without the bridge and dust boots! The GT4 mustang uses Brembo brakes.
My point is that for most people the stock GT350 brakes are excellent and can't be beat for the cost! While you are getting your AP brakes, Im looking into a sequential 3160

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I get this kit may not be what works best for everyone and that's ok but I made this thread for the people who are interested in it. Can we move on back to the original topic now? People who see and come into this thread are going to have to scroll through the spin off information just to get the info they are looking for.

I didn't say the GT350 brakes are the BEST for tracking but they are way more than capable to track with. I will say this is the best kit out there for people who bought their cars to drive them. You obviously have you goal and that's great but this is for the majority of people who want a better option and who drive their cars on the street and even track on a regular basis. A lot of us will only change the pads when they wear out and will find this setup to be the best option out there.
lol I'm lost. The GT350 Brembos are fantastic. They are the best brakes that I've ever used from the manufacturer. For 99% of people they are more than you will ever need.

Sponsored

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Jesus dude relax. I didn't even quote you so calm down. I know you want AP brakes. That's fine. Brembo also makes race spec calipers without the bridge and dust boots! The GT4 mustang uses Brembo brakes.
My point is that for most people the stock GT350 brakes are excellent and can't be beat for the cost! While you are getting your AP brakes, Im looking into a sequential 3160
And again, I never said they were not excellent.

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
Jmeo do you happen to know if the car was originally a PP with 6 piston brembos do the gt350r calipers have the same caliper overhang in regards to wheel offset and fit or will wheels and spacers need to be looked into. My friend and I are seriously looking at doing this kit but we both do not want to replace wheels or run spacers.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My car was a non Brembo auto car. FTB was a non Brembo manual. I can't be sure the new calipers stick out any more than PP version but my guess is they would fit. Wish I could help more.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I ended up contacting FTB and asked about the offset difference on a base model GT with non PP brakes and they responded that the rear offset will be 0.270 inches wider.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up contacting FTB and asked about the offset difference on a base model GT with non PP brakes and they responded that the rear offset will be 0.270 inches wider.
The stock Gt350 rear et is 62 so that's that you need to work with. I ordered my my new wheels with 55 et. 55et on a car with GT350 brakes will be flush with the wheel well. So if your current wheels have no more than 48 et you will be fine because 48 + 7 puts you at 55

Sponsored

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
The stock Gt350 rear et is 62 so that's that you need to work with. I ordered my my new wheels with 55 et. 55et on a car with GT350 brakes will be flush with the wheel well. So if your current wheels have no more than 48 et you will be fine because 48 + 7 puts you at 55

So my current wheels are ET 55. With the FTB brakes upgrade I will be at ET 62?

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So my current wheels are ET 55. With the FTB brakes upgrade I will be at ET 62?
Let me rephrase.

Currently an offset of 48 et with 11" wide wheel puts the lip of the wheel flush with wheel well opening.

The GT350 brake kit will push your wheel out approx 7mm

So, in order to have your wheel be no more than 48mm et (flush with wheelwell)
You will want to have no more than 55 et offset with 11" wide wheel because the brake kit will push the wheel out 7mm which is like having a 48 et and being flush with wheel well.

Now the width of your tire makes a difference. In this scenario I'm using a 305/35/19 with 55 et, 11" wide whee to be flush with the wheel well.

Note: this is my experience and not to be confused with a guarantee this will net you what you are looking for :)

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Same. I hadn't even considered that the offset would change. Basically, if you want the rear brakes, you're probably going to need new wheels. That's a bummer.
The wheels I'm looking at should be fine.

ansibe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP, Recaros, Koni Yellow, 350r springs.
I was going to get a different booster but decided to try it first. I also read that on Ford Racing's description but I have not seen that mentioned elsewhere so I'm not sure how accurate it is.
Hi,
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I didn't realize the auto brake booster was different than the PP one. I have a few questions about that:

• Is it the 'auto' booster, or the 'non-PP' booster? I'm guessing the booster for the 4 piston (standard) brakes is a different size than the one for the 6 piston brakes.

• Is the booster bigger (more boost effect) or smaller?

I'm asking because I find the PP brakes too sensitive. They engage before the pedal movement stops, which makes heel/toe at light brake applications a pita. If the smaller booster makes my brakes less sensitive, I'll give it a try.

Thanks guys.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I didn't realize the auto brake booster was different than the PP one. I have a few questions about that:

• Is it the 'auto' booster, or the 'non-PP' booster? I'm guessing the booster for the 4 piston (standard) brakes is a different size than the one for the 6 piston brakes.

• Is the booster bigger (more boost effect) or smaller?

I'm asking because I find the PP brakes too sensitive. They engage before the pedal movement stops, which makes heel/toe at light brake applications a pita. If the smaller booster makes my brakes less sensitive, I'll give it a try.

Thanks guys.
I'm not exactly sure what makes them different but I imagine its how much vacuume is made and applied by the booster. I would'nt want to under power what you have if I were you.
Sponsored