Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
No the kit I have in order is a GT350 specific kit and uses a radi-cal caliper.

It's very similar to that camaro kit
But what is the kit number?
Front and rear.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
But what is the kit number?
Front and rear.
Not kit number yet. Rings, lines, calipers and and hardware are ready to go. The aluminum hats and brackets will be ready by the end of January and will ship then.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Not kit number yet. Rings, lines, calipers and and hardware are ready to go. The aluminum hats and brackets will be ready by the end of January and will ship then.
14" rotors?

Love to see them when you get them!

Sponsored

brian.cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011/2017 Mustang GT
You're welcome and it was my pleasure to make this thread. I enjoy doing this sort of thing and helping others make their decisions.

Honestly I just ordered the PP brake booster to complete the kit. I assure you everything has been working right out of the box, its just for the $70 PP booster I didn't want to worry. Ford Racing states if you have an auto car and are upgrading to the PP brakes you need to change the brake booster to the PP version for everything to work properly. The manual car already has the correct booster they say so it's only the auto cars that need to do this. They mention changing the front ABS sensors to the ones from the PP but my research shows the the front sensors are the same on all mustangs no matter what version you have (except GT350) and all cars including GT350 have the same rear sensors. That said I believe the only difference between GT350 and other mustang fronts ABS sensors it due to the knuckle difference only.

I am in the same boat, I will not be changing pads very often at all so it's no concern to me. Wheels weren't an issue for me because the ones I have fit perfectly anyway. Well, besides offset that is.

I would love some FTB swag :clap2: but I did this for us :cheers:
Do you have the part # for the brake booster you ordered?

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have the part # for the brake booster you ordered?
Yes, here you go

FR3Z2005B

You'll want to get a new clevis pin as well

3M5Z2L523AA

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Nice write up.

Changing the rear offset has me second guessing doing this on my car, plus losing the ability to run 17s in the back for a slick setup.

Sponsored

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Nice write up.

Changing the rear offset has me second guessing doing this on my car, plus losing the ability to run 17s in the back for a slick setup.
Same. I hadn't even considered that the offset would change. Basically, if you want the rear brakes, you're probably going to need new wheels. That's a bummer.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Same. I hadn't even considered that the offset would change. Basically, if you want the rear brakes, you're probably going to need new wheels. That's a bummer.
True but only if your current offset is very aggressive. Mine was 48et and most people are less. If your et is 55 or higher (by number) your good. The brakes only push you out 1/4"

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
this is interesting to me.

I would love to know what the effective difference in braking performance would be, taking into consideration the difference in unsprung weight when switching from 19" wheels to 18" wheels.

Perhaps it is worth calling forgeline to get the weights on proper 18" wheels in gt350R offsets/widths compared to the 19" counterparts.

hmmmm.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
this is interesting to me.

I would love to know what the effective difference in braking performance would be, taking into consideration the difference in unsprung weight when switching from 19" wheels to 18" wheels.

Perhaps it is worth calling forgeline to get the weights on proper 18" wheels in gt350R offsets/widths compared to the 19" counterparts.

hmmmm.
Like I said earlier, biggest thing is longevity for me. If you track your car on a monthly basis this is what you want. Also pad selection is fantastic

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I'm not disagreeing with the AP brake system. I'm also not saying one is better than the other. But I know guys that track race their GT350s on a weekly basis and have yet had any brake issues running stock GT350 brake calipers and rotors. Brake pads are a personal choice. I know AP is a great brake company and offers phenomenal products, but for a street / track car I don't see the point in swapping to a AP set up. Removing two nuts to swap out a set of pads isn't a big deal to me. But I am interested in the weight difference. I'd like to see what the weights are of the AP calipers and rotors for the GT350. Also are these direct fit to the stock GT350 knuckle? Or are modifications / adapters needed?
I'd much rather have carbon ceramic rotors if I could find a set.
Sponsored