Leonidas514

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Hey guys
I am in the process of my manual brake conversion. I went with Aerospace on all 4 wheels, which you have to run all new hardline and replace every brakeline. The only uncertainty that I have is, on the rear, I've got one line running all the way to the back just along the frame and ending near the fuel filler. I attached a "T" which I can run my flex hose off of, straight to the caliper which will essentially eliminate 1 hard line. I'm tying into that "T" with a hardliner and have it ran to the passenger side where it connects to the flex line.

Will this set up work? It's clean looking but do I need to move my "T" to allow for 2 hardlines in the rear?
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Is this part of the Milwaukee gut ? Cause I can't picture any scenario where manual brakes would be beneficial.

OP
OP
Leonidas514

Leonidas514

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I can't imagine ANY scenario I'd hop on someone's post just to make negative comments. I'll post up some time slips when I'm done with my build.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
The car has IRS ?

If yes, weld some tabs out close to the wheel, attaching the calaper flex line. Bring the hard line from the MC to the rear anywhere. Locate the T anywhere the hard lines off the TAB welded, can easily be plumbed too.

Tabs and hard/flex line fittings

more fittings
https://www.speedwaymotors.com/shop/brake-line-fittings~6-3-475

Screen Shot 2021-11-20 at 8.15.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-20 at 8.18.40 AM.png

Aerospace great AN fittings & braided lines. Was not aware they did full on brakes.... I would assume the parts are premo .

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I can't imagine ANY scenario I'd hop on someone's post just to make negative comments.
Negative comments ? Stop being such a drama queen. If this isn't on a s550 it would fuqing help if you mentioned it. Place the block where ever you want. If you want a 'clean' look, there's plenty of ways to do that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Leonidas514

Leonidas514

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The car has IRS ?

If yes, weld some tabs out close to the wheel, attaching the calaper flex line. Bring the hard line from the MC to the rear anywhere. Locate the T anywhere the hard lines off the TAB welded, can easily be plumbed too.

Tabs and hard/flex line fittings

more fittings
https://www.speedwaymotors.com/shop/brake-line-fittings~6-3-475

Screen Shot 2021-11-20 at 8.15.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-20 at 8.18.40 AM.png

Aerospace great AN fittings & braided lines. Was not aware they did full on brakes.... I would assume the parts are premo .
Perfect! You answered my question. I just wasn't sure if block placement mattered. It is all top notch, definitely hasn't been an easy install. The hardest part for me was adjusting the master cylinder throw rod. Doing this under the dash in a car with a roll cage sucks! Btw... yes it's an IRS car. Thanks again

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Perfect! You answered my question. I just wasn't sure if block placement mattered. It is all top notch, definitely hasn't been an easy install. The hardest part for me was adjusting the master cylinder throw rod. Doing this under the dash in a car with a roll cage sucks! Btw... yes it's an IRS car. Thanks again

Some how I suspected this was a race car ........... nice :champagne:

Yes that rod can be a pain in the butt LOL, good glad I could help.
Sponsored