You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I pulled the trigger on Full Tilt Boogie Racings GT350R brake kit recently and wanted to document the install.

First I'd like to say thank you to Bruce at Full Tilt. I cant tell you how many emails and phone calls he and I had.

Here is the kit in all its glory

When they said this kit comes with everything needed they were not kidding. Not one piece missing or left over for that matter lol. I did pick up a set of G-Loc pads to finish off the kit as opposed to using OEM pads.

The front was super easy. Take off the stock caliper, rotor and dust shield. Install the custom FTB bracket with stock bolts, GT350 rotors and caliper with supplied hardware and your done.

The rears are a little more involved. Not to the point that someone with basic tools or skills cant do themselves, it just requires more time and patience. I will say having a good assortment of 1/4" drive swivels and extensions helped quite a bit getting to the ebrake adjustment assembly and the one bolt above the driveshaft holding the passengers ebrake cable.

The knuckles looked exactly the same but after further inspection I found the reason for needing them. If you look at these pictures below you will see the hole for the ABS sensor is different between the two knuckles. The GT knuckle (first picture) has the hole next to the edge of the machined hole where the GT350 knuckle (second picture) has the hole further in. This is because the ebrake assembly bracket gets installed in between the knuckle and the hub and pushed the hub further out and the hole is moved to keep the ABS sensor in the correct position.

Knuckle installation is pretty straight forward and not too bad. No need to prop the suspension, just remove the bolts and axle nut and it slides right off.

FTB sends the ebrake pieces completely assembled so you don't have to figure anything out. As I mentioned it installs between the knuckle and hub and comes with longer bolts to accomplish this.

New bracket included to adapt the new ebrake cables to the drum brake

Here is the assembly where the two ebrake cables attach. The directions say to drop the exhaust to gain access but using the mentioned extensions and swivel I was able to get in there without too much trouble.

This is that pesky bolt on the passenger side ebrake cable that goes up and over the driveshaft. I would say out of the whole install this was the biggest pain lol. There was NO way I was gonna drop the driveshaft to get it. Luckily I have a set of 1/4" swivel sockets to get it, but it still wasn't easy.

This is the bracket that mounts the drum assembly between the knuckle and hub. It is what causes the wheel to be pushed out roughly 5/16". I have rear wheels with 48et offset and they are out too far now. I will be ordering new wheels to correct this but if you have an offset less aggressive than mine, say 56et or more you should be good.

Finished product :headbang:

EDIT: I forgot to mention you can buy this kit with GT350 black calipers as well if you didn't want red.

EDIT 2: Took the car for a test drive to bed pads and everything is working perfectly. Cars stops amazing and antilock functions as it should. The brakes are so good now I can actually tell when the rear antilock kicks in when I have never felt the rears kick in before. I've now personally had PP brakes on my 2015, standard brakes on this car and now GT350 brakes and as you can imagine they are stellar. Best braking vehicle I have ever been in, period.
Sponsored

Last edited:

nicktechla

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nicktwaddell.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot
looks awesome!

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
What material is the front bracket made of?

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Also, did your offset change after the brake install?

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Is that safe?
From the conversations I had with Bruce I asked the same question and I was assured it is. I'm sorry but I can't elaborate more.

BigHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium Ingot silver
Is there proven improvements on braking from stock 6 pistons to gt350r conversion? I would be curious to see a side by side comparison for feel, performance, and heat tolerance.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Interested, sub'd

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Is there proven improvements on braking from stock 6 pistons to gt350r conversion? I would be curious to see a side by side comparison for feel, performance, and heat tolerance.
Well I can't give you any of the specifics but yes, the Gt350 brake kit is superior to the PP brakes in every way. Lighter for sure, rear for sure and the larger brake pad in the front. The front pad surface is massive

Last edited:

Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
make sure to re torque the rear axle nut. I followed ford instructions at 98lbs and additional 45 degrees. After driving for 50 miles it was loose again and i had to re torque it.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
make sure to re torque the rear axle nut. I followed ford instructions at 98lbs and additional 45 degrees. After driving for 50 miles it was loose again and i had to re torque it.
I used a little red locktite, did you?

For me after I hit 98ftlb I couldn't turn it another 45% I only got about half of that but the red locktite should work.

CJ Pony Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
A large variety of Mustangs across all generations
It may just be be me, but what is going on with the angle of the rear caliper? It seems off. The bottom is much further out then the top. You can even tell when you look at the image of the rear caliper that shows down into the pads. The top of your pads are in while the bottom of the pads are out.

Look at the placement of this caliper compared to yours.

Other than that, great job Jamie!

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
This looks sweet! Really glad you pointed out the offset on the wheels, something I wouldn't have expected. I'm curious if this is a blessing or a curse.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It may just be be me, but what is going on with the angle of the rear caliper? It seems off. The bottom is much further out then the top. You can even tell when you look at the image of the rear caliper that shows down into the pads. The top of your pads are in while the bottom of the pads are out.

Look at the placement of this caliper compared to yours.

Other than that, great job Jamie!

Hi Dave, I think it's just the angle of the dangle that's all. If you zoom into the picture showing the pads in the rear calipers you can see the pads are exactly where they are supposed to be, flush with the edge of the rotor.

These are exact GT350 parts and can only fit the same exact way as factory especially in the rear where all OEM parts are used. That said even the fronts are spot on with the custom bracket they supply.

I think what your seeing here is the difference between OEM pads and the G-Loc pads I'm using not a difference in how the caliper is mounted.
Sponsored

Last edited: