Sponsored

2018 Mustang Refresh (Prototype) First Look!

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Hmmmm... That damn camo is getting pretty good! Lets list off what I see as different.

• It looks as though we are getting a more GT350 style hood.
  • The new tri bar lights up front look pretty interesting! Likely LED too....
  • New tweaked rear bumper with new diffuser.
  • Tweaked Tri Bar taillights? :shrug:
  • New wheel and color options most likely
  • Glass roof??? :crazy::shrug:
Now I am just wondering what interior upgrades/tweaks have taken place. Sync 3 is here to stay for awhile but maybe a new radio bezel, steering wheel, and or full LCD gauge cluster?

Also wondering if the 2.7 will find its way into the mustang since it has made it to the fusion sport. I think it is almost a certainty that the 3.7 will be no more for 2018.
Sponsored

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Is it just me, but I see quad exhaust, but they removed one pipe
from each muffler
Not just you, I thought I noticed that too.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmmm... That damn camo is getting pretty good! Lets list off what I see as different.

Now I am just wondering what interior upgrades/tweaks have taken place. Sync 3 is here to stay for awhile but maybe a new radio bezel, steering wheel, and or full LCD gauge cluster?

Also wondering if the 2.7 will find its way into the mustang since it has made it to the fusion sport. I think it is almost a certainty that the 3.7 will be no more for 2018.
No EB V6 till the S650.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
No EB V6 till the S650.
Correction.... No FACTORY EB V6! :D

That is surprising though that they would not have a EB6 for the full S550 generation.... Guess they want to sell as many EB4's as possible.

The next question would be whether or not the EB6 in the S650 will replace the V8 as it has done in the raptor and GT.

Stroked84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I personally really like the hood 'ridges', as it's very different and gives the car character. It looks menacing from inside.
Exactly my thoughts. The bulge from the inside looking down the hood was something that most people complimented the first time I took them for a ride. The complaint about not being able to see those stupid turn signal indicators is almost as ridiculous as putting them on their in the first place. Not sure why people inside of the car needed to see the turn signals. I just hope the refreshed hood isn't as plain as the GT350 hood.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Correction.... No FACTORY EB V6! :D

That is surprising though that they would not have a EB6 for the full S550 generation.... Guess they want to sell as many EB4's as possible.

The next question would be whether or not the EB6 in the S650 will replace the V8 as it has done in the raptor and GT.
They would've done it from the outset if they were going to, and designed around doing it. It would be there if it would package ;). MCA refreshes don't have that big of changes, also. I doubt the V8 will be replaced, as there's far too much of the customer base that must have it. It's similar for the F-150.

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
They would've done it from the outset if they were going to, and designed around doing it. It would be there if it would package ;). MCA refreshes don't have that big of changes, also. I doubt the V8 will be replaced, as there's far too much of the customer base that must have it. It's similar for the F-150.
They should offer the EB V6...the EB F150's sell like hotcakes here in TX!

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

I seriously doubt the V6 will be dropped, but I will not be surprised if the 2.7 replaces the 2.3.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
They should offer the EB V6...the EB F150's sell like hotcakes here in TX!
Yeah, my wife wants one pretty bad. We test drove a 2016 and the power delivery makes it feel like a V8. I'll probably end up with a 2018-2019 Mustang GT and her the F-150 EB.

Sponsored

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si

EricSMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/PP, 2004 BMW M3 Coupe
Meh, same basic car, just hope they don't mess it up because the current design is a stunner in the right guise. I do like the sloped hood but the front clip still overhangs way too much and the front ride height is still dumb. It does appear less sleek, somehow.

Honestly, they should leave the exterior untouched and focus on making the car better. Faster, smoother, sharper, more efficient, lighter..... better.

ftrv8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
On order '17, but still looking at '18
Once this is revealed, how long will you still be able to factory order a 2017? I was ready to order a '17 by years' end since my daughter needs a car by then (I'm giving her my '06 GT}, but I'm willing to push it back a bit to see if I prefer the 2018. But if I don't like it, I still want to be able to order the 2017, especially if they get rid of the 20" Foundry rims for the '18 - I must have them on Magnetic.
I am in the same timing as you. Love the 17s, but a part of me is still holding out till I can. If the 18s aren't all that, I guess we have till May to factory order a 17!

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
I seriously doubt the V6 will be dropped, but I will not be surprised if the 2.7 replaces the 2.3.
Can you elaborate? I can tell you why it won't happen

1) cost goes up, might as well get the GT now
2) the 4 in the RS can make more power reliably, therefore the mustang could see 350hp with 4 cylinders and very little (or no) additional cost
3) the weight of the vehicle would go up and drop fuel economy on the mid tier mustang.
4) it would be auto only. Does ford even have a compatible 2.7EB manual transmission?

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
You don't realize how big the Mustang is until you see it nose to nose with other cars. I am considering a 428i and just happened to pull up at the gym and see one parked out where I usually park. So I pulled in where I could get a couple photos. The Mustang is a really big car. It dwarfs my friends C class Mercedes and as you can see, the hood height is much higher than the BMW, Mercedes, or even the Camaro that was parked next to me tonight. Styling-wise, it's unusual for a car this big to still look low and sleek. Aston does it with the DB9 but even that car has a lower hood and grill.
tn_WP_20160917_18_49_32_Pro.jpg
Sponsored