PMAS Intake Systems from UPR Products. TUNE AND NO TUNE INTAKES

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
Hey PMAS - I know the only real evidence would be through testing, but theoretically, do you think using your intake with the new Ford tunes for the 5.0 could show better gains? My theory is that since your no-tune intake shows power gains with just a stock tune, I almost wonder if the Ford performance pack 1 or performance pack 2 would be a good stacked option for those of us looking for "mild" mods and retaining some level of warranty (rather than a full aftermarket tune).

I definitely need some nice intake sucky noises in my life.
You will always pick up more power with a good tune on top of our intake. The tune just needs to be for the stock airbox. A tune for the ford racing intake would not work.

We could always make a maf to work with the ford tune for their intake but I don't think they sell the tune without the intake?
Sponsored

PHX-LE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbleton White LE
Using Ford Performance's specs for PP1 & PP2 would there really be any advantage in using either one of these over PMAS's CAI tune/no-tune system?

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Using Ford Performance's specs for PP1 & PP2 would there really be any advantage in using either one of these over PMAS's CAI tune/no-tune system?
Different tunes aside, There is no way the GT350 intake (not talking manifold) will perform as well as the Pmas intake does. A GT350 intake manifold with Pmas intake would be a great combo though. I'm most likely going to be putting a GT350 manifold on mine with my Pmas intake.

Fredboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Camaro Super Sport
My question is, how well does the S&B filter contain fine dust particals when compared to the stock or GT350 filter (which I think is also a paper element)? I would be more willing to sacrifice a little performance and choose the gt350 intake if it has better filtration. I plan on keeping my car quite a while and sometimes drive through very dusty areas.

Sponsored

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
My question is, how well does the S&B filter contain fine dust particals when compared to the stock or GT350 filter (which I think is also a paper element)? I would be more willing to sacrifice a little performance and choose the gt350 intake if it has better filtration. I plan on keeping my car quite a while and sometimes drive through very dusty areas.
http://www.sbfilters.com/iso-testing

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
Anyone dyno this thing with a tune vs a tuned JLT back to back yet?
I calibrated a maf to test it against the JLT without a tune. Gains should be similar if not a little more with a tune because it will be making more power and therefore be more restrictive. I'm not sure if anybody has done the test with a tune though.

This was on a 13 but the intake kits are pretty much the same.
11-14 cold air dyno.jpg

2 SLOW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GT
I calibrated a maf to test it against the JLT without a tune. Gains should be similar if not a little more with a tune because it will be making more power and therefore be more restrictive. I'm not sure if anybody has done the test with a tune though.

Why are the gear ratio numbers different between the pulls?

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT

So you calibrated a stock maf to use it with a JLT and both made similar power WITHOUT tunes? Just making sure I understood.

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
So you calibrated a stock maf to use it with a JLT and both made similar power WITHOUT tunes? Just making sure I understood.
We calibrated a maf to make the JLT work with a stock tune the same way we make one work for ours. The JLT picked up 5WHP over stock on a stock car and ours picked up 16 over the JLT on the same stock car.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
We calibrated a maf to make the JLT work with a stock tune the same way we make one work for ours. The JLT picked up 5WHP over stock on a stock car and ours picked up 16 over the JLT on the same stock car.
Hi PMAS

I have a tuned car (JDM) with your no tune intake, was easier because JDM charge for tune updates and take some time.

So is it safe to run a "no tune" PMAS on a tuned car? Or should I tell JDM I have a PMAS because they need to make other alerations other than just maf transfer function?

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
Hi PMAS

I have a tuned car (JDM) with your no tune intake, was easier because JDM charge for tune updates and take some time.

So is it safe to run a "no tune" PMAS on a tuned car? Or should I tell JDM I have a PMAS because they need to make other alerations other than just maf transfer function?
You should have no problem just telling them to make the tune for a stock airbox. It will run fine.

Technically they could play with cam timing knowing the intake was less restrictive with the PMAS but I'm not sure if most go that far unless you are spending the whole day on a dyno.
Sponsored