Sponsored

Ford Oasis Reports

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Agent, thanks for helping us out. My question is about the ventilated/ cooled seats not working on the seat back area. The butt cushions work fine. I'm aware of a TSB for it but not sure if it can actually be fixed by dealers based on forum posts. Thanks again.
it's not getting cold enough air. some dude here designed a 3d printed modification to basically add a cold air intake for the cooling fans.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62139
Sponsored

Wally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Challenger Scat Pack
OP
OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Thanks for the info!

Is the headlight assembly able to be loosened and adjusted without removing the bumper? The lighting pattern is fine, the driver side headlight is just so far to the outside side the whole assembly sticks out farther than the fender does.
It can be done by popping the hood and looking from the top down on the headlamps. The bolts are right there. The light being pushed out sounds to me like a fender alignment issue. You can try to adjust the physical location of the lamp by loosening and shifting it over.

Agent, thanks for helping us out. My question is about the ventilated/ cooled seats not working on the seat back area. The butt cushions work fine. I'm aware of a TSB for it but not sure if it can actually be fixed by dealers based on forum posts. Thanks again.
You're unfortunately plagued by something very much unfixable by Ford right now. The element in the seats seem to fail as well as poor ventilation of the air causes a reversal of what you want to happen. I would look towards an aftermarket/enthusiast fix with the new ducting and parts and move on with it. You'll be extremely frustrated waiting on Ford for this one.

Agent S550, thanks for all this great information....

On the rear window misalignment issue, glass is off by about 1/8" - not too bad. Some are 1/4". Levelling the glass is one thing but the 3rd brake light is also not completely level with the sheet metal. Both would have to be adjusted really to make it right or to get it close to level the 3rd brake light could be adjusted only by bringing it up marginally on the passenger side. Is this an easy adjustment? Other options are a rear window spoiler to hide everything or just leave it! Am I opening up a can of worms here...some things are better left untouched - if left too it's original out of the factory!:)
I'm 50/50 on this. You're talking about removing a very large glass panel and using very sticky unforgiving sealant that could effectively ruin any interior part it touches. The glass would be something I'd probably live with. The lamp is probably due to a gasket issue or someone didn't torque it down properly. I'm curious to see what it looks like when you pull it off. I'd shoot for the lamp first. Feel out how it turns out. Then approach the glass with whatever hesitations or brevity you have.

OP
OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Thanks, I have seen that thread. I don't feel like that is something owners should have to deal with on a $40k plus car though. Just wanted to see if OP had any input.
Also, Wally, I can provide a couple instances where customers sold their vehicle from being so frustrated over the seat issue. Again, I'd hate to see you loose love for your car over something basic.

Wally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Challenger Scat Pack
Also, Wally, I can provide a couple instances where customers sold their vehicle from being so frustrated over the seat issue. Again, I'd hate to see you loose love for your car over something basic.
Thanks agent, it is certainly frustrating in the Florida summer but not enough to sell the car over. I am pretty pleased with it aside from that issue.

Sponsored

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
Sounds eerily like a driveshaft problem. Or possibly a subframe alignment issue.

Side note for you, 9k is wayyyyy to long to go on an oil change. Especially on a Coyote.

Took my car to the dealer today for oil change and warranty issues.
You were right on the money Agent! Service adviser said my Driveshaft bearing is bad, and it is causing the vibration between 25-30mph. Two days for the part to come in, and 1 day to swap it. I will keep up with the oil change every 5-7k miles. Thank you very much for the information and help! I love my :ford:

OP
OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Took my car to the dealer today for oil change and warranty issues.
You were right on the money Agent! Service adviser said my Driveshaft bearing is bad, and it is causing the vibration between 25-30mph. Two days for the part to come in, and 1 day to swap it. I will keep up with the oil change every 5-7k miles. Thank you very much for the information and help! I love my :ford:
Awesome! Well not awesome the bearing failed but glad its figured out. Haha.

OctopusWrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP & AP
I've been following this closely, as I have a number of similar issues:
1) hood alignment
2) trunk alignment
3) assorted body panel alignments
4) rear window alignment
5) strange rattles from front left of dash
6) new rattle coming somewhere from the right rear passenger area
7) horrible transmission clunk (fixed with new MGW shifter though)
8) Ventilated seats not working all that well (kind of a big deal in Phoenix in the summer)
All in all, real disappointing on a car with a 44K sticker. Not the quality I would expect. But at the same time, I've done so many mods to the car that it's pretty much dialed in now and I can live with its many and obvious faults.

Maybe a question for a different thread, but how did you become a service advisor, what's the career path? I ask because I am seriously burnt out in my current career, and this Mustang has reawakened my love of cars, and I'm thinking if I am going to make a career change, why not do something I do in fact enjoy?
Very interested in hearing your story. i'll send my VIN separately as I'm interested in her backstory.

Dannyho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP DIB

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
1) hood alignment
2) trunk alignment
4) rear window alignment
8) Ventilated seats not working all that well (kind of a big deal in Phoenix in the summer)
All in all, real disappointing on a car with a 44K sticker. Not the quality I would expect. But at the same time, I've done so many mods to the car that it's pretty much dialed in now and I can live with its many and obvious faults.

Maybe a question for a different thread, but how did you become a service advisor, what's the career path? I ask because I am seriously burnt out in my current career, and this Mustang has reawakened my love of cars, and I'm thinking if I am going to make a career change, why not do something I do in fact enjoy?
Very interested in hearing your story. i'll send my VIN separately as I'm interested in her backstory.
Do you have the upgraded premium seats or regular seats? From the ones I've sat in it seems the upgraded leather seats cool way better then the premium ones.

And no this shouldn't occur in a 40K car but it's what we have here in America. When you look at the factories/tour videos of say of Audi in Germany you don't have to wonder why their quality of their cars is absurd and they don't have issues like what you are describing in their cars that shouldn't even go out the door.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
1) hood alignment
2) trunk alignment
4) rear window alignment

The quality of the earlier cars production was pretty terrible unfortunately. You're suffering from what was hurry up make more mustangs mode at the plant. Go by the dealership and take a look at a new 16 or 17 and you'll see the differences. They're all handled now but man its rough on early adopters of the cars.

The fortunate side to body panel alignment and glass is it can all be changed. It's not like the car was built out of square. Really you just need someone to adjust all the panels and doors out correctly and that'll solve the problem.

The left of dash rattle is your headlamp switch and/or your a/c vent. Seen it a bunch.

The rear rattle would be more of an issue with the interior trim panel as it sits on the clips. Most likely improperly installed in a bind. A patient removal, inspection, and reinstallation should take care of it.

Take my advice on the a/c seats, buy the aftermarket fix and move on with your life. There is no official functioning ford fix. If you take it to the dealer they will show you the TSB, perform it, and you'll be right back there the next day with the same issue.

When you PM I'll be happy to go over my career path. Happy to talk to anyone about it.

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
Anything related to MFT/Bluetooth/Apple's iOS having issues?

I use Pandora or Spotify on my phone which is connected via bluetooth to the car. The phone reconnects every time I get in the car (an update to MFT around May fixed an issue where it would randomly disconnect), but both Pandora and Spotify refuse to play about 50% of the time and usually require me to actually start the app on my phone.

My car is a 2015 GT Premium without Nav.

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
1) hood alignment
2) trunk alignment
4) rear window alignment
Heh. . . I have almost all of those same problems. Quality is very disappointing on this car, particularly compared to my $21k Mazda.

That said, #6 is a known issue with the C pillar cover. I've been tracking down the rattles. If you're in Phoenix and want to swing by my place in Mesa I'll show you what I've done and help you knock yours out.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Whats up with the 600 rpm idle scratching or scraping sound. Sounds terrible for a four month old car. If they could bump it up 200 rpm more I think it goes away.

OP
OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Anything related to MFT/Bluetooth/Apple's iOS having issues?

I use Pandora or Spotify on my phone which is connected via bluetooth to the car. The phone reconnects every time I get in the car (an update to MFT around May fixed an issue where it would randomly disconnect), but both Pandora and Spotify refuse to play about 50% of the time and usually require me to actually start the app on my phone.

My car is a 2015 GT Premium without Nav.
On Monday I can check to see what software level you have or if their are available updates for sync. There are specific updates to help this problem.
Sponsored