Ford Oasis Reports

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Hey folks,

New poster/secret lurker here. I have access to the Oasis functions and Ford websites if anyone needs any information regarding their Mustang/Ford. I'm always happy to lend a hand and lift the secret veil of information to help fellow enthusiasts. If you need anything, feel free to PM me. However, please don't post your vin in this thread. Feel free to ask questions if it's a generic 11-17 Mustang or Ford question though. Let me know! Take care,

-Steven :cheers:
Sponsored

Last edited:

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I want to know the real reason why the MT-82-equipped cars clunk and bang and clank along the driveline and why Ford has allowed this for as long as they have. It makes my $40K+ MSRP car feel like it's worth a whole lot less. A whole lot less...

OP
OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
I want to know the real reason why the MT-82-equipped cars clunk and bang and clank along the driveline and why Ford has allowed this for as long as they have. It makes my $40K+ MSRP car feel like it's worth a whole lot less. A whole lot less...
I've dug around in the Oasis reports of all the S550's TSB's and normal service bulletins. There are multiple "normal function" bulletins that Ford let us know is a normal function of these cars. The clunk is considered to be one as you're hearing the "lash" in the drivetrain. Had they made it tighter, it would've felt like a wound up rubber band. Don't take these as my words, this is their explanation, but I suffer from the same issue and mine eventually wore out of the car (kind of). I agree, it takes my expensive Mustang and makes it feel like a pickup truck on a hill getting popped out of Park. I can dig up the bulletins if you'd like.

DJinAC

More cars than brains
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DJ
Vehicle(s)
2017 Super Black Nissan Altima SL
Agent... Is the drive line vibration considered normal?? 42K for my tomato and it shakes between 50-and 70. Is this due to the two piece drive shaft? and why do we have two piece drive shafts?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Agent... Is the drive line vibration considered normal?? 42K for my tomato and it shakes between 50-and 70. Is this due to the two piece drive shaft? and why do we have two piece drive shafts?
It is not! I had a good friend with a 15' have the same exact issue. Took his respective dealership (in a different town so I couldn't help) three drive shafts before the car was smooth.

The two piece is meant to help with NVH (noise vibration harshness) that's abundant with independent rear suspension and large gears.

Yours may be an alignment issue at the center support bearing. If loaded or slightly off center, it can create side loading on the driveshaft. The shaft wants to run true but the bearing is effectively "pulling" the driveshaft out of a straight path to the tail shaft. My suggestion? Junk it and go to a one piece. It has its benefits and it's short comings. I will be jumping to a one piece for peace of mind eventually.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It's very complicated. It can be everything from driveshaft imbalance (relative to the rest of the driveline), to center bearing alignment as well as subframe alignment. The subframe alignment actually has a ton to do with it and causes all sorts of sensitivity issues. They're trying to work on a process at FRAP that allows them to center it better but also fits within their overall assembly process.

OP
OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
It's very complicated. It can be everything from driveshaft imbalance (relative to the rest of the driveline), to center bearing alignment as well as subframe alignment. The subframe alignment actually has a ton to do with it and causes all sorts of sensitivity issues. They're trying to work on a process at FRAP that allows them to center it better but also fits within their overall assembly process.
I'm happy to hear they are trying to accommodate the alignment in the manufacturing process. Hard to believe they just kind of overlooked it.

OP
OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Helped a bunch of folks on random questions yesterday. Bump for anyone who may of not seen this!

vintage1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Hi,
What's the real reason(s) for the misaligned rear window to third brake light issue that tilts the glass to the drivers side (warped glass, uneven sheet metal, not enough glue, etc?) on many of these cars. Lots of past discussion on this. Prevalent in the 15's through 17's (now I am hearing). I've heard of some success with resetting new glass with more glue on the drivers side to level it.

Thanks

Sponsored
OP
OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Hi,
What's the real reason(s) for the misaligned rear window to third brake light issue that tilts the glass to the drivers side (warped glass, uneven sheet metal, not enough glue, etc?) on many of these cars. Lots of past discussion on this. Prevalent in the 15's through 17's (now I am hearing). I've heard of some success with resetting new glass with more glue on the drivers side to level it.

Thanks
I don't believe they let the glass set long enough before removing the suction cups. Evidently the glue didn't get to harden by then and Unfortunately this would be more of a manufacturing issue and less of a dealer related issue. I don't believe Fords released any fitment issue service bulletins about the glass from what I've seen.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
That's a shame. I can't imagine why they would continue cranking out cars with rear windows that aren't visually correct.

vintage1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
O

Thanks. First I have heard this. To fix then is it just a matter of resetting the old glass or new glass? Once pulled, not sure if it can be reused.

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Ford has quality issues, my Ford F150 door alignment, My Ford Edge transmission had
hard downshifts, Ford Mustang interior pillar misalignment and interior noises
while driving.

KeiRodez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Convertible w/PP
Any info on the convertible tops having problems? My back window brace keeps coming un-done, there is a trim piece that keeps snapping off every time I put the top down, and the headliner is tearing.
Sponsored