Sponsored

Ford Oasis Reports

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
For someone who thinks a Camaro or Corvette would be a better choice than a Mustang, from a quality standpoint, I give you the following:

If you have complaints about a $35 - $40K Mustang, how would you feel about a $65K Corvette?

Motor Trend C7 long term test:
"Our Corvette sadly wasn’t without its faults over the past 15 months. My biggest problem with the ’Vette was that it was making sounds it wasn’t supposed to make. The removable targa top rattled like a train click-clacking over rails, the steering wheel squeaks like a mouse, the driver door creaked when opening and closing, and the brakes squealed excessively. The only thing worse than your new car’s interior making a noise it isn’t supposed to be making is your new car’s cabin making four separate noises it isn’t supposed to be making. The creaks and rattles were maddening and seriously detracted from the ownership experience. It got to the point where I simply didn’t want to drive the Corvette every day because I was either sick of having to crank the stereo to drown out the noises or having to explain to my passenger why a brand-new $65,000 sports car sounded like an old Jeep."

Car and Driver C7 Long Term Test:
"Let's get this out of the way up front: the litany of breakdowns suffered by our long-term 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51 (C7) was simply appalling."

Road & Track C7 Long Term Test:
"The car isn't without warts. Those gorgeous carbon-backed buckets would be better mounted two inches lower. While the Tremec seven-speed feels brilliant, the gate can narrow under duress. And the Stingray is happier south of the Mason-Dixon: Single-digit temps bring a reluctant starter motor and creaking body over speed bumps and potholes."

Automobile C7 Long Term Test:
"Some issues, though, are difficult to justify. The passenger door wasn’t aligned correctly. The transmission liked to pop out of first gear. The differential seals leaked and required replacement under warranty. Worst of all, the fuel pump failed—twice. It happened once in a driveway during the dead of winter and once on the side of a road in rush-hour traffic. We took the Corvette to multiple Chevrolet dealerships and found them unfailingly polite but frequently unable to fix or even acknowledge our problems on the first visit. The transmission, for instance, was deemed to be “working as designed.”"
Sponsored

Last edited:

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Chevy's shoddy work doesn't excuse Ford from their own, but I get your point. American car companies still have a serious lack of QA/QC, even on their flagship models that should be meeting world class standards by their own admission.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I don't disagree. However, I think Ford is doing better. The '95 T-Bird and '01 Bullitt GT I had were significantly worse in terms of QA/QC than my '15 GTPP. I have 2, built in America Toyota vehicles that have been very, very reliable. Toyota is not perfect, but I still choose a Tundra over any of the Big 3 trucks.....I really like the new F-150 but the pricing strategy of starting high (a cloth seat, XLT 4x4 with an MSRP of $50K+ is ludicrous) and then heavily discounting them at the end of the model year is huge turn-off.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
So i took it in and the tech in my opinion was a moron. He said he couldnt hear it
No shit sherlock, people are using impacts left and right in there. Pull it out of the shop. When i picked the sound out in the shop, he claimed he couldnt hear it. He also said hed check for TSB's etc for what ive said it was doing. Claimed there was none. Is it possible i can get anymore info that i can print out in regards to this sound and go in with? My buddy id normally ask is on a tour for the miltary. I dont believe our mutal acquaintance will help me out. They are claiming theyve never had a single 5.0 with this issue. Im calling bs.

OP
OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Your biggest issue on this one is it's a relative noise.. Basically he hears it or he doesn't. You can ask for the shop foreman or someone younger and possibly less deaf. I'm looking for your TSB now. Of course now that I actually need it I can't find it. But there is one. The problem is the noise you're hearing is diagonal from what the TSB is fixing which is the passenger phaser.

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Your biggest issue on this one is it's a relative noise.. Basically he hears it or he doesn't. You can ask for the shop foreman or someone younger and possibly less deaf. I'm looking for your TSB now. Of course now that I actually need it I can't find it. But there is one. The problem is the noise you're hearing is diagonal from what the TSB is fixing which is the passenger phaser.
Oh damn. Thats right you said it was a passenger side phaser. My tick sounds exactly like this and same place. However mine isnt quite as loud as this video.

It seems harly relative but thats coming from my background. :(

5.0GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hi Agent_S550,

If you find the TSB can you please share it.

Thanks.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
I don't think I am risking them tinkering with my driveshaft. It is not unbearable as it is and sounds like they might make it worse. Ford needs a real fix for that...not a 50/50 gamble.

mustangenthusiast25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang Gt Premium
Thanks for catching this. I don't know why it didn't tell me I had a new post in here when he posted :headbonk:

[MENTION=12918]mustangenthusiast25[/MENTION] I have to agree that it's probably broken. The clip probably was pushed incorrectly in and it sheared or just straight up came off. Foam tape, a new grille, and wrapping the clips will be your best friend.

Just an FYI for everyone, you do have a right as an owner to acquire just the parts under warranty and do the work yourself if you so please. Ford won't pay you to fix your own car, but they will give you the parts. The caveat to this is unless there's a very good service manager involved you will be told otherwise. Ford warranty manual actually has a chapter about this.
Thank you so much for your assistance. Is there a link to the page or the location of it, so I could show my service manager? I'd rather do the work myself and not have the dealer mess anything more up.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Thank you so much for your assistance. Is there a link to the page or the location of it, so I could show my service manager? I'd rather do the work myself and not have the dealer mess anything more up.
FWIW, I asked him the same and he said he no longer has access to the book.
Sponsored