Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Just to mention, Full-Race has test fitted a 3.5 EB into their shop EcoBoost Mustang, and they reported the motor fit with no issue, so there may be a possibility of the 3.5 from the GT going into the GT500 but at a higher power level maybe.
It may fit, but I wonder if it fits whilst still maintaining the various tolerances Ford require for production :shrug:
Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
The GT500 is all about go big or go home. Why would Ford put a runt motor like a 3.5 liter in a GT500 ?

LHousePhoto

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lhousephotography.com
First Name
Lane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium - Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
The GT500 is all about go big or go home. Why would Ford put a runt motor like a 3.5 liter in a GT500 ?
The same reason that "runt" motor is going in to their Raptor and GT super car, it makes the power.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
5.0 ecoboost. I could see a 5.2 Standard Crank (FRP motor)

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I agree. It makes sense for the GT since the car is designed like plastic wrap around the engine.

For the Raptor it's a little less obvious as that truck would be plenty of fun with a v8. But since it's more of a truck that you don't really race at the drag strip or track and is more about useable performance off road, adding turbos to the little 6 makes it a viable option. It's more about a set price point with set performance with a locked down set of expectations.

The gt500 is another animal altogether. It is about the most power from the factory as well as allowing the enthusiastic Misysng community to KO'd the thing to the hills.

A v8 makes the most sense here.

Add the fact that with all the ford racing supercharged being sold, putting out a gt500 that isn't even as powerful as an FRPP enhanced GT MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL.

The GT500 will be a v8.

With all this talke of "has to be rwd and nothing else" etc. shedding the coolest part of the car to add in a 6 banger just isn't going to cut it.

Sure, you can make the argument "but the Eco 6 is more powerful than the '13 gt500 v8!"

Which is really a cop out as they are different tech. Why go there when you can take a newer tech v8 such as the coyote or voodoo and develop IT as an ecoboost engine. There's simply no way the eco 6 can compete with that. And neither can the v8 competition.

It's a win win that makes everybody happy and would sell as many as any company could want.

LSC5ohh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 Mark VII LSC Special Edition
No TT v6 for GT500. And expect DI to appear on just about every Mustang engine in the near future. Emissions and cafe dictate it pretty much.

Newedge713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 ford mustang hatchback
Moderators.........I hope this is OK here, if not please move to the most appropriate sub-section (perhaps we could/should have a future/rumour section? :) )

The GT500 is already being discussed in a number of threads so I thought it would be good to try and keep the discussion in one place.

OK, the car hasn't officially been recognised by Ford, but then neither was the GT350 until is was recently launched ;) Even Jamal Hameedi said "well, GT350 has good bones" when asked if they would be a GT500, so that's a near a confirmation we've had.

So, lets have your thoughts, hopes and dreams as far as GT500 is concerned.

Me? I want:

• '18MY - coincides with Mustang's first sheetmetal refresh (ideally, I'd like GT500 to have a relatively subtle wide-body look - Fisker's Rocket does this well)
  • 725hp/700lb ft
  • Ecoboost Coyote or
  • Supercharged Coyote 5.0
  • 6-speed manual OR 10-speed auto
  • MagnaRide suspension

GT500 HAS TO REMAIN A V8 please, Ford!!

:ford:
I was with you until you said widebody NOPE!!! let those JDM TEA-BAGS have that

Sponsored

Newedge713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 ford mustang hatchback
Their will not be a damn V6 in a GT500 WTF who want's that B.S it's going to be a V8 supercharged- i hope not or a Twin Turbo V8

Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Porsche 911 Turbo S & 2016 Shelby GT350R
I was with you until you said widebody NOPE!!! let those JDM TEA-BAGS have that
GT350 has widened fenders, no reason the GT500 wouldn't either. Now tacky widebody crap, yea, that can just die in a fire.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
Their will not be a damn V6 in a GT500 WTF who want's that B.S it's going to be a V8 supercharged- i hope not or a Twin Turbo V8
I mean, people say the same about the new Ford GT... But it is running a TT 6. Now I don't personally think it will, I think it will be blown or more than likely a TT V8, I cannot say with confidence it will absolutely not have a TTv6 in it. I would say with more confidence it won't be 4wd before I could say no V6. Not 100% on either though.

BLUEIVYS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford mustang GT performance deep impact blue
Me? I want:
* '18MY
* 750hp/700lb ft
* 7500 RPM Redline
* Ecoboost Coyote 5.2
* Supercharged Coyote 5.2
* 7-speed manual with rev-matching OR 8/10-DCT
* MagnaRide suspension
* CF Wheels
*6pot/4pot brake setup
I hope for

740-760 hp (at least a 100 more than the new zl1)
Active Rev matching 6 spd manual (automatic option)
Direct injection is a must
I'd also love to have the flatplane crank (this should be a future standard on all mustangs. Just change up the other internals to compensate boost
Heads up display
Magnaride of course
Interior gauge refresh (digital like everyone else)
Horsepower indicator
Dual clutch Auto tranny option
Carbon ceramic brakes option
Sponsored