Sponsored

Convertibles Photos Thread

BlackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 triple black GT convertible
Danielle, any side shots of your wheel setup? Looks good in the above post.
Sponsored

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
Danielle, any side shots of your wheel setup? Looks good in the above post.
yessir. here you go.

and well... because we just had a blizzard a week ago and there is still snow "around" where I park my car in the driveway...

BlackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thanks, those look very similar to a set of Stern ST-5 wheels I had on a previous car. looks great. how wide in the rear?

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
way too wide in the rear, and 10" on the car.

Sponsored

BlackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
way too wide in the rear, and 10" on the car.

LOL! Thanks for the reply and understanding. I like a wheel with a lip on them and most designs nowadays are flush. They look great on there.

NowInSixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black,Sixth Gen, GT, Bad Arse
Had one on my 09. Currently struggling with the wife on getting one for the new Stang, purchasing the new GT was a struggle in and of itself LOL. If you got a convertible, you gotta go in style though. :headbang: Stole these from the General Forums area. Shhhhhh LOL
6th gen.jpg
50 orange.jpg

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
For their dedication to open car driving and their willingness to share with all, especially those who think it's too cold to "drop the top".
Hey, I have my top down today.**

thanks, those look very similar to a set of Stern ST-5 wheels I had on a previous car. looks great. how wide in the rear?
Yeah, totally digging on the wheel with a lip, if I ever go aftermarket, I'll definitely do something like that 2/3 piece polished or brushed deep lips, painted center sections (black or graphite or something).

Very cool.

** It's about 75Âş F

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
Had one on my 09. Currently struggling with the wife on getting one for the new Stang, purchasing the new GT was a struggle in and of itself LOL. If you got a convertible, you gotta go in style though. :headbang: Stole these from the General Forums area. Shhhhhh LOL
I emailed the mfgr about how it mounts, but I was disappointed that all he said was:
"Sorry don’t have any clear photos. This should give you an idea though. You’re looking at a 10 minute installation. It’s a leave in place design, works with top up. Does not block off rear seats either. Also, allows for full seat travel. Full install with photos will come in the box for you. Only 279 + shipping.

Video. [ame]

It’s good to have your interest. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
PS. Forgot to mention, will not interfere with (CDC Light) BAR."

NowInSixth, Can you describe how it mounted on your 2009 Mustang? I don't like the idea of 'leave in place' design at all. My first choice is a design where you can fold it down when desired or remove it and place in storage bag in trunk, like regular fabric windscreens. I might go to tap plastics to check on the cost of cutting a piece of clear Polycarbonate, but I actually prefer the look of the black mesh windsreens over a plastic panel.

Sponsored

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
I was literally more impressed to have it backed to the instrumental of "Blank Space" than anything. That song was my jam when it first came out. I'm playing this video all the way through just to listen to the instrumental, lol.

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was literally more impressed to have it backed to the instrumental of "Blank Space" than anything. That song was my jam when it first came out. I'm playing this video all the way through just to listen to the instrumental, lol.
Based on your experience, is the deflector really necessary with all windows up?

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
Based on your experience, is the deflector really necessary with all windows up?
with the top down and the deflector up, and the windows down, wind is cut in half. enough that my hair might be moving around a bit but it's not getting tangled to hell. with the top down and the deflector up and the windows up, there is literally a "light breeze" coming through the cabin until around 100mph. barely enough to make my long hair move around. I'm warm enough in the car till down to about 40-45 degrees.

but with the deflector in place, even with the windows down, top down and deflector down, wind is still cut down, but there's still plenty. Keep in mind this my deflector. This came out of my '13 and is now in my '16.
10633390_1470092316581983_6773471222082294279_o.jpg
2014-05-01 16.00.39.jpg

Last edited:

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)