OP
OP
Rated R

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
Is the Tremec 3160 transmission not assembled in Mexico and not China as you indicated with the Getrag MT82 being manufacturered in China and the only weak part of the Boss 302 car in my opinion?

I having driven both cars somewhat and I would take the Tremec 3160 all day long compared to the MT82 and I have driven a lot of Boss 302 cars.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I haven't driven the GT350 with real purpose yet but I can tell that shifting into 3rd is not the issue that it is in the B302's.
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Right now it's at the dealer on consignment but I'm seriously thinking about bringing it back home. I'm thinking it's not the right time to sell. Winter for one, and all Boss cars have taken a bit of a hit with the GT350 taking the potential buyers away. It'll rebound, just not sure when.

They only made about 250 '13 LS's in SBY, and mine only has 2,500 miles on it. The remainder of the 700 were all black.
Randy, Ford produced 765 Laguna Seca's in 2013 including all of the pre production cars with 501 coming in Black and 262 in SBY.

Just my opinion but with only 2,500 miles on your LS Boss 302 I suggest that you hang on to your 2013 LS subject to finances, room etc. if possible.

With all due respect to the sound of the GT350/GT350R my Boss 302 cars sound just as good or even a little better than the GT350 cars at around 7000 RPM.

Don't get me wrong these GT350's sound good at high RPM but with the side baffle plates removed on the Boss 302 cars they still sound outstanding!

Hopefully you can hang onto your Boss LS?

:cheers:

OP
OP
Rated R

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
Randy, Ford produced 765 Laguna Seca's in 2013 including all of the pre production cars with 501 coming in Black and 262 in SBY.

Just my opinion but with only 2,500 miles on your LS Boss 302 I suggest that you hang on to your 2013 LS subject to finances, room etc. if possible.

With all due respect to the sound of the GT350/GT350R my Boss 302 cars sound just as good or even a little better than the GT350 cars at around 7000 RPM.

Don't get me wrong these GT350's sound good at high RPM but with the side baffle plates removed on the Boss 302 cars they still sound outstanding!

Hopefully you can hang onto your Boss LS?

:cheers:
I went and picked up my LS today. I don't know what I was thinking. Probably that I'll never drive it now that I have the GT350 etc. But they really are different cars. My LS is a freakin' hooligan lol. I took the mufflers off when I bought it and run the straight Magnaflow pipes I had from my red one.. That with the side pipes unrestricted may be the best sounding car I've ever heard:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I went and picked up my LS today. I don't know what I was thinking. Probably that I'll never drive it now that I have the GT350 etc. But they really are different cars. My LS is a freakin' hooligan lol. I took the mufflers off when I bought it and run the straight Magnaflow pipes I had from my red one.. That with the side pipes unrestricted may be the best sounding car I've ever heard:

Agreed on the sound of the Boss cars with baffle plates removed.

Just to be clear do you have a 2013 LS in SBY and another Boss 302 in Race Red as I am a bit confused with the colors shown?

Assuming you are keeping your SBY LS a great decision in my opinion!

OP
OP
Rated R

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
Agreed on the sound of the Boss cars with baffle plates removed.

Just to be clear do you have a 2013 LS in SBY and another Boss 302 in Race Red as I am a bit confused with the colors shown?

Assuming you are keeping your SBY LS a great decision in my opinion!

Lol no I sold my regular Race Red B302 and bought my LS when I was waiting for my GT350. Before I sold my red one I took the pipes off of it and put them on my LS. I need to stop doing this...:doh:

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Lol no I sold my regular Race Red B302 and bought my LS when I was waiting for my GT350. Before I sold my red one I took the pipes off of it and put them on my LS. I need to stop doing this...:doh:
What number is your LS and do you have your splitter, trans cooler and brake hose ducts along with the Boss owners kit, window sticker, Boss car cover etc.?

You have a very unique car for sure and happy you are hanging onto to it.

:clap2:

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
My wife made me promise that I would not mess as a condition of purchase. I went a little overboard with my Corvette, so this one will only have OE parts/mods.

I want a modded car, I can drive the Vette.........

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Is the Tremec 3160 transmission not assembled in Mexico and not China as you indicated with the Getrag MT82 being manufacturered in China and the only weak part of the Boss 302 car in my opinion?

I having driven both cars somewhat and I would take the Tremec 3160 all day long compared to the MT82 and I have driven a lot of Boss 302 cars.

Yes, the TR3160 is manufactured in Mexico and the vaunted MT82 comes by way of China. The shifter used on the TR3160 is coming from China.

The shifter's rear mount...

The tube that encircles the upper shaft...

Half of the lower link assembly...

And the heart of the GT350's shifter, the sphere and race/cage that takes the brunt of the pivot work...

Precision is sorely lacking and the tolerances are on the sloppy side - and that's before you have any wear.

Regarding the TR3160 vs the MT82, the former definitely trumps the latter. Linear bearings, hollow shafts, and TR6060 sized synchros make choosing a favorite a no brainer. The TR3160 will shine with a precision shifter.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I just wanted those of you who may have modded GT's trying to keep up that you don't have to do anything to these cars...:lol:
For 60k+ it's better be faster than a GT with a 10k supercharger and suspension upgrade. oh wait!

Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
With statements like that, you might as well make a YouTube video that states 7 ways the GT350 is identical to a GT. That'll convince everyone, and maybe even yourself.

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
With statements like that, you might as well make a YouTube video that states 7 ways the GT350 is identical to a GT. That'll convince everyone, and maybe even yourself.
You sir win :headbang::headbang::lol::lol::cheers:
Comment of the day

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
Right now it's at the dealer on consignment but I'm seriously thinking about bringing it back home. I'm thinking it's not the right time to sell. Winter for one, and all Boss cars have taken a bit of a hit with the GT350 taking the potential buyers away. It'll rebound, just not sure when.

They only made about 250 '13 LS's in SBY, and mine only has 2,500 miles on it. The remainder of the 700 were all black.
Same here. My 370Z is down $2K this winter per KB... it should go back up once spring/summer come. That's why I'm holding on to mine till then. :thumbsup:

Oh, by the way... you just happen to get the best color combo out there!!! hehe :cheers: :D

Last edited:

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Also, am I the only person that finds it mind boggling to do a tune on a new 60k car?
It's only mind boggling if you tune your car(aka throw your warranty out the window) and you can't afford the new engine + labor.

If you can afford the risk, then more power to you. We won't know what the motor can withstand unless there's some ballers out there that can afford new motors and push the limits.

I just hope there aren't GT350 owners out there who tune their car to eek out a bit more power, and when it blows they don't want to take responsibility for their costly mistake.

OP
OP
Rated R

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
What number is your LS and do you have your splitter, trans cooler and brake hose ducts along with the Boss owners kit, window sticker, Boss car cover etc.?

You have a very unique car for sure and happy you are hanging onto to it.

:clap2:
I have LS #385. I have all that stuff that came with the car still in the boxes. The original owner even gave me the boxes with the original plastic that the factory put over the seats before shipping it off.

For 60k+ it's better be faster than a GT with a 10k supercharger and suspension upgrade. oh wait!
You're trolling this board for one reason, you want a GT350. And you want one more than what you have now. And you obviously envy those who have one by trying to discount its awesomeness by comparing it to a GT with a blower. Your argument is weak. Do not take that sauce to the county fair...:D
Sponsored