I am so NOT messing with this car.

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium /Performance
As should someone who resents those who have a GT350 not discount them by saying a mere blower and coil overs are an equivalent. That is resentful and disingenuous. If you like your mods you can have your mods. If you're content with them it shouldn't matter what I or anyone else says about them. I wouldn't have stated what I did if some resentful GT owner didn't ask for it.
Go back and read...not the guy who said anything about blowers, or that it's better than a 350.
Sponsored

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium /Performance

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Didn't say you were. Wasn't directed to you.
I just wanted those of you who may have modded GT's trying to keep up that you don't have to do anything to these cars...:lol:
Please don't take my words out of contant.
You said keep up and I am sure a whipple will walk rings around your 350.

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Please don't take my words out of contant.
You said keep up and I am sure a whipple will walk rings around your 350.
In a straight line yes but the 350 is about cornering.........not sure point is.

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
In a straight line yes but the 350 is about cornering.........not sure point is.
You are telling me a set of nice wide tires and some good suspension tuning can't get GT350's handling or even better? It's not unicorn sauce.

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
You are telling me a set of nice wide tires and some good suspension tuning can't get GT350's handling? It's not unicorn sauce.
I said nothing about suspension. You'd need wider front fenders to fit 350 sized tires underneath, lots of suspension, maybe some areo if you're looking to keep up with an R, less weight, more power, ect. However with a blower you'd add a bit of weight to the front so you'd have to counter that somehow. Your point may work in your opinion, but thats a ton of work to keep up with a car that is already available. Have you even driven a 350? You've read about it, watched videos and maybe even played a video game with it so you're obviously an expert.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Same here. My 370Z is down $2K this winter per KB... it should go back up once spring/summer come. That's why I'm holding on to mine till then. :thumbsup:
My car is coming in Spring and I currently have a modded '11 GT. Come Spring, ALL sports cars jump in price big time. My dealership can't hold on to any Mustang that has a V8 in it as soon as May hits.

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Would it not rub though? Thought that was the main purpose of the wider fenders.

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Would it not rub though? Thought that was the main purpose of the wider fenders.
Not if you have the proper offset. The 350's wheels are not exactly flush to the fenders.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
But also to keep the tires slightly tucked. The hub assembly is different than the standard GT too and needed more room. Not only is the tire patch wider but the actual full front track is wider too. Also, offset and backspacing can fix anything...until you run out of clearance at the spring.

OP
OP
Rated R

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
I think these comments have made my point for me :thumbsup:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Don't forget that brakes and cooling are a big part of road course performance. The GT has great brakes and cooling but if you add power then more of both would help.
Sponsored