Sponsored

Procharger red race valve

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Yea. Sounds awesome. I get so many heads turning when they hear the sound.

jlwilson10609

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP Ruby Red
The red race valve has been moved to the same location as the pro flow. Comes with new ic pipe and red race valve.

IMG_20180607_182208.jpg
I have the setup R1Lovin mentioned above, I bought it to make room between my F1A-94 and the red race valve so I could put an inlet on, this is the best location for it yet! Wish I had it there sooner...also buy a GT350 Procharger maf tube to relocate the maf from the intercooler if you want to do something fun like put a wastegate on it. :cheers:

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I have the setup R1Lovin mentioned above, I bought it to make room between my F1A-94 and the red race valve so I could put an inlet on, this is the best location for it yet! Wish I had it there sooner...also buy a GT350 Procharger maf tube to relocate the maf from the intercooler if you want to do something fun like put a wastegate on it. :cheers:
You can put a wastegate on the driver side intercooler end tank and keep the MAF in it's stock position. Just can't put it on the same side.

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Didn’t know gt350 didn’t use the maf on the intercooler. Much better location it seems.
FWIW When I asked Lund about relocating it to the pipe they advised against it for drivability concerns.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
FWIW When I asked Lund about relocating it to the pipe they advised against it for drivability concerns.
He told me maf in pipe would provide a more stable maf flow signal.

jlwilson10609

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
You can put a wastegate on the driver side intercooler end tank and keep the MAF in it's stock position. Just can't put it on the same side.
The funny part is my wastegate is pretty massive (v60) and when it popped it would disturb my maf signal and the car would go into limp mode, I have my wastegate in the same place you do after I consulted you on it about a year ago. Procharger advised me they had the same issue with the red race valve being on the intercooler for the GT350 setups but I tried it anyway. I eventually relocated it after much fussing around and working with my tuners and now the setup works absolutely perfect. IATs read a bit warmer with the maf in that tube but I plan to wrap the tube soon and I should be good.

Car now makes over 900rwhp on 14.5psi (1 bar), best part is turning it down to 6psi for the wife and 12psi when I am on ethanol.

jlwilson10609

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
He told me maf in pipe would provide a more stable maf flow signal.
Lol that's funny. I guess it depends who you work with at Lund. I will have to ask them about it again.

The funny part is my wastegate is pretty massive (v60) and when it popped it would disturb my maf signal and the car would go into limp mode, I have my wastegate in the same place you do after I consulted you on it about a year ago. Procharger advised me they had the same issue with the red race valve being on the intercooler for the GT350 setups but I tried it anyway. I eventually relocated it after much fussing around and working with my tuners and now the setup works absolutely perfect. IATs read a bit warmer with the maf in that tube but I plan to wrap the tube soon and I should be good.

Car now makes over 900rwhp on 14.5psi (1 bar), best part is turning it down to 6psi for the wife and 12psi when I am on ethanol.
Damn that's crazy. My gate is alot smaller (40mm) and I don't seem to be having any issues with it, but I wonder if there's room for improvement lol.

Anybody have the part number for the GT350 tube?

Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Didn’t know gt350 didn’t use the maf on the intercooler. Much better location it seems.
The GT350 intercooler is a touch different than the GT.
And due to the location of the BOV it was not idea to have the MAF in the intercooler. (having a gate would cause the same issue if to close to MAF)

It was then moved to the tube, after finding the best possible location for it.
(myself and the other tuner dictate that location)

Id rather have the maf in the intercooler. Its almost ALWAYS more stable then a tube. (if you look at some books on airflow it will explain why... also why Helion and Vortech use this method on some systems)

Lol that's funny. I guess it depends who you work with
Back in the day people said "blow through won't work"
Then you had the "it will never work in the intercooler"

Although as time as shown us, both locations work just fine.
I run both tube MAF, and intercooler MAF's on cars I race... I have no preference.

All I care is that the signal is stable.

Anybody have the part number for the GT350 tube?
Just call us at 913-338-2886 and we can get you a part# and price.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Yup, cleaner signal
Usually, tubes are the opposite. Depending on curves vs straits you can end up with a tumble flow effect. GM's computers are very sensitive to that these days with the E92 processor, Fords aren't as sensitive thankfully for a handful of reasons.

Brianh922

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1
Hate to revive an old thread. But with pipe 444 and the Red Race BOV we can run the MAK inlet pipe without denting it?

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
First, yes the MAK 4" Tube fits very tightly due to the Metal Car Frame that is in the way. Also I scratched up the Big Red Race Blow Off Valve because it hits on the Radiator piece that is right above it. (Very Tight Fit) on my 2016 Convertible.

I bought that tube #444 to go with the Big Red Race Valve I bought on my P1X Procharger and it stalls on my AED Tune and Runs better on my LUND Tune but still does not seem right. I asked both tuners and they stated it should not affect the car. Well, I called Procharger who said to relocate the MAF from the Intercooler and buy the $350 ish GT350 Pipe and then I have to update my Tune at another cost along with the Tube cost and kit that was $180 ish and the Procharger Red Race that was $300 ish (cheap). So I just put the Procharger black Bullitt Valve back on and well, what do you know the car ran good again. Pisses me off to spend this much money and not have it work as it should. Anyone else have this issue with the Red Race Valve?
I want to see if it was having a Vacuum problem so I went to change the vacuum tube push it style piece with my regular vacuum tube fittings and the threads are different in the Big Red Race Valve then the Bullitt one.
Sponsored