Procharger red race valve

OP
OP
whatsup62

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Damn....this post really concerns me...:facepalm:
Getting ready to move from P1 to D!X next week and installing big red with the 444 pipe at same time....not wanting to pull it apart more than once.
Sponsored

OP
OP
whatsup62

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Go Tial and be done with it. I have zero issues and it is as loud if not louder then the big red.
Still have the MAF in the IC?
Sound dont matter to me. From what PC has stated the stock pro flo is good to 850...I expect to be over that otherwise I would just leave it on there.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
you can buy the procharger with the tube after the fact, just costs more

Sponsored

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Go Tial and be done with it. I have zero issues and it is as loud if not louder then the big red.
What pipe did you use for the flange to be welded on for the Tial BOV?

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
I had the shop bend me a new pipe . They just did a direct copy of the stock procharger pipe. The pipe and labor with welding cost me $50

Tatum337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
What pipe did you use for the flange to be welded on for the Tial BOV?
JPC racing offers a tial BOV already welded to a new pipe. Just change yours out and be done. Nothing else to do.

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
JPC racing offers a tial BOV already welded to a new pipe. Just change yours out and be done. Nothing else to do.
They make the Pipe and Tial BOV for the Paxon / Vortech cars, I have a Procharger Setup.

OP
OP
whatsup62

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got the Procharger pipe...nice piece! Dont know if its $400 nice..but it is nice. Putting it on this weekend along with the re race valve and D1x...hope I dont run short on fuel!

Sponsored

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just got the Procharger pipe...nice piece! Dont know if its $400 nice..but it is nice. Putting it on this weekend along with the re race valve and D1x...hope I dont run short on fuel!
Can you let me know if you have any type of Tune issue? And mine was a very tight fit. Thx

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Hey guys,
I'm currently working through MAF signal issues as well with a P1X Stage II system on my 18 GT. I also am running the Tial Q 50 BOV in the same location as the ProFlow surge valve (the Tial valve fits perfectly with no other mods BTW) The car cold starts, idles and drives great, however HOT starts suck and stumble to life lethargically! Lund said my MAF hertz is all over the place and is one the noisiest MAF signals he's seen on this particular setup. No surprise as PBD had previously told me the intercooler MAF location wasn't ideal either. Long story short I just ordered the GT350 MAF charge tube from Beefcake along with the intercooler MAF block off plate. Not $350 I wanted to spend, but I want it to work correctly. Since I'm still well within the 90 day tune period with Lund, I'm not too worried about the minor inconvenience of a retune. Jon is telling me I should see quite an improvement which is saying a lot since his tune has been perfect minus the hot start from the start. As a side note, the car has had hot start issues from the very beginning with the Procharger tune as well, so there's an obvious issue here. Also, I was told Procharger is shipping their kits with the GT350 tube instead of the MAF in the intercooler because of all the issues. I actually called procharger and asked if they would give me some kind of deal on the GT350 tube because it's a flaw. I never got an answer back so I gave up and ordered from Beefcake. Really disappointing they wanted to charge me full pop for a new tube to fix their system issues. I'd rather pay full price to a supporting vendor instead. End of rant.
20190115_093257.jpg

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
In case anyone was wondering, this is what the inside of the GT350 charge tube with the MAF slot looks like. I honestly wasn't expecting to see this, but it makes sense. Much like the old pre-MAF screens on the fox cars I assume it's designed to straighten out the air to create a smooth signal? I'm now very happy I didn't try to just make this pipe myself and eases the pain of a $350 pipe! I'll get it installed this weekend and report back.
20190510_164745.jpg
Sponsored