Sponsored

ZL1 vs GT350 head to head next week!

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Motor Trend doesn't even want me to watch it. I kept getting an authorization error. Oh well, one of you guys just have to give me a complete play-by-play along with drawings to illustrate what is happening :popcorn:
Sponsored

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
30 day free trial man! Cost? Email address
And your credit card information....

While its "only" 5$ for this site.. its another 5 for a different site. and another 5 to avoid ads on the next, and so on... aint supporting that racket...

Tflong24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I am also getting authorization error when trying to register for the free trial.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

While its "only" 5$ for this site.. its another 5 for a different site. and another 5 to avoid ads on the next, and so on... aint supporting that racket...
It could be worse, you could be paying $150/month for cable like most people....while only watching 5 of the stations.

Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.
GM is crying.
I take back all the negative things I ever said about MotorTrend. 2 GT350R wins and 2 camaro losses. Lmao.
.39 with 124 additional hp and 221 additional tq.
Fords gonna slap the shit out of GM with the next halo mustang.
Where's all the GM guys now? 2 years ago they kept saying the z28 was on a old platform. Now the mustang is on a 3 year old platform with absolutely no changes made to the R since its release.

Sponsored

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT

Been paying it for yonks - they never charged my credit card more...

Stop looking for excuses - throw this guys 5 bucks because they deserve it!

catdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White/Blue Stripes
GM is crying.
I take back all the negative things I ever said about MotorTrend. 2 GT350R wins and 2 camaro losses. Lmao.
Where's all the GM guys now? 2 years ago they kept saying the z28 was on a old platform. Now the mustang is on a 3 year old platform with absolutely no changes made to the R since its release.
To be fair, the ZL1-1LE is track focused like the GT350R, so ....

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Again, just goes to show that numbers aren't everything. I want a car thats exciting, fast, and looks great, and thats what the GT350/R is.

The ZL1 is all about numbers, and it has to sacrifice soul and character to get that.

In short:
GT350/R for the people who don't care about just numbers.
ZL1 for the people who care about numbers above all else.

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Again, just goes to show that numbers aren't everything. I want a car thats exciting, fast, and looks great, and thats what the GT350/R is.

The ZL1 is all about numbers, and it has to sacrifice soul and character to get that.

In short:
GT350/R for the people who don't care about just numbers.
ZL1 for the people who care about numbers above all else.
I feel like that is more the Hellcat/Demon.

Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I feel like that is more the Hellcat/Demon.
I was talking about cars that do well on a track. Hellcat or Demon, although cool, was never on my radar due to its landboat mass and outdated chassis, even with the powerful engines.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Was there anything Pobst didn't like about the GT350R now that he didn't mention in the last head to head they did with it? Because if I remember correctly, the only comment he made previously was that the car could use more power.

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
GM is crying.
The M6 ZL1 couldn't even take out the outgoing GT500 :lol: With testing from GM, 11.8 is their 1/4 mile for the M6.. I'm sure there will be hero times but the same can be said for the GT500.

To be fair, the Z/28 is the direct competitor to the GT350R and that car doesn't even exist. The ZL1 will look confused and hurt when the GT500 comes out. GM is handicapped because of the Vette so they can't do anything about making the ZL1 more powerful.

The ONLY descent model from GM will be the SS with the HP/Trq combined with the Alpha chassis.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
I enjoyed the comparison but enjoy even more that it has riled up the Camaro fanboys by declaring the GT350R the winner. When this comparison was hinted at awhile ago, the fanboys were out proclaiming how the ZL1 would "destroy" the GT350R. Now they're reduced to pleading for a GT350R vs ZL1LE comparison. So much butt hurt and excuses about an outcome that did not meet their expectations.

BTW, did you know that you cannot buy a GT350R for less than $100K? I guess I took a big hit selling mine for $66K used.

Last edited:

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I enjoyed the comparison but enjoy even more that it has riled up the Camaro fanboys by declaring the GT350R the winner. When this comparison was hinted at awhile ago, the fanboys were out proclaiming how the ZL1 would "destroy" the GT350R. Now they're reduced to pleading for a GT350R vs ZL1LE comparison. So much butt hurt and excuses about an outcome that did not meet their expectations.

BTW, did you know that you cannot buy a GT350R for less than $100K? I guess I took a big hit selling mine for $66K used.
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=491398&highlight=GT350&page=13

Oh yes they're quite upset lol claiming biased reviews and that subjective considerations and opinions are BS etc etc

Those guys will never get it, and for some reason seem to be more obsessed over objective results than any other group I've seen.

Our good ol friend My2017CamaroZL1 is pretty upset over there lol goes by the name of "Unavailablezl1"..

I actually think Randy was going a little slower in both cars. As another mentioned he was significantly faster in the same car on a different day, but even in this comparison, I noticed several corners where the ZL1 was several mph higher than the R, especially turn 1. Considering the weight and tire advantage the R has, I think he lost significant time there in at least 2-3 corners. Doesn't make sense for a softer car with less tire and more weight to be able to corner faster does it? :shrug:

Still happy that the outcome was as expected :cheers:
Sponsored