• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

WTB: 1965-1968 Mustang convertible

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Hey, so with my GT350 on order, im turning my attention to another bucket list challenge :doh::D

As the title states, im looking for a 1964-1968 mustang convertible. Im looking at the usual candidates, Ebay, Craiglist, online in general, but nothing really convincing yet.

My preferences are:

V8 (though I wouldnt shy away from a decent I6)
Manual (again - wouldnt shy away from a decent automatic)
as close to original as possible (no shelby clones, converted coupes/fastbacks, I6 -> 351 conversions, etc.... A 302 transplant instead of a 289 isnt anything major though....)
Paint doesnt need to be perfect or even good (it doesnt even need to be original, flat, old, just primered, primered areas, not really an issue.
Rust shouldnt be too bad (wouldnt shy away from simple/usual rust areas - floorplans, fenders, doors, but not approaching open heart surgery)
Interior preferably serviceable (that can be replaced so not the greatest issue)
Top - preferably electric (again - manual wouldnt be an issue)
Driveable condition (if minor work is needed to get it driveable, brakes, carburetor, new gas tank, etc... not really an issue)

Basically, a driveable convertible with bad paint, bunch of dings, maybe a rusted door and fender to be replaced with a V8 and no crazy conversions. Some work to get it driveable is ok, and a lot of work to get it to showqueen status is perfectly fine. Dont need a rarefind, like a K code - though I wouldnt pass one up at the right price.
No complete groundup restorations, no perfect restored cars, no shelby clones, no complete front rail jobs.
If a decent I6 pops up along the above lines, definitely worth a look.

Now down to the last point I can think of... $$$... Definately want to stay under 20K. These are old cars, and this one is to be a fun car for day trips, off to the beach, cruisin, not a show car.

A lot to ask - I know, but the cars are out there. Im just sick of all the bastardized clones, lowered, pimped etc. ones offered via Ebay and Craigslist for crazy money. Maybe ill get lucky this way. Not planning on stopping my online search, but broadening it with this one.

Daniel
Sponsored