Sponsored

ZL1 Addons Wicker Bill

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Did a few upgrades to the rear of the car today. Tossed on a ZL1 Addons Wicker Bill and Roush diffuser foil. Overall very pleased with the outcome. Had an issue with a few of the rivnuts that came with the wicker bill but I removed them and tossed in slightly bigger ones that worked out very well.

Sponsored

Last edited:

Hye Power

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang, 1985 mustang
Thats cause the rivnuts they give you are garbage out of the 5 they sent me only one worked, I went to fasteners store bought exact same size rivnuts and other 4 all worked first try. The ones zl1 send don't flare out like they supposed to.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Would you mind posting a pic of entire car (or more of it) from the side with the wicker bill ?

(thanks for posting - haven't seen many pics of the PP1 one).

OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Would you mind posting a pic of entire car (or more of it) from the side with the wicker bill ?

(thanks for posting - haven't seen many pics of the PP1 one).
Sure thing! I’ll try and snap some today.

Reactions: kz

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Is there any adjustability to the height of that middle clear piece? I'd want it to be as flush as possible with the rest of it vs. sticking out just a bit as in your pics.

Sponsored

OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Is there any adjustability to the height of that middle clear piece? I'd want it to be as flush as possible with the rest of it vs. sticking out just a bit as in your pics.
The holes for the clear piece come pre drilled but there may be enough space to enlarge the holes to allow it to move down a bit to get it closer to flush with the rest. This would also require enlarging the holes on the black piece. RTR also makes a wicker bill for the PP1 spoiler that is flush across the top. I went with the ZL1 piece as the mounting for it seemed more robust.

OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Thats cause the rivnuts they give you are garbage out of the 5 they sent me only one worked, I went to fasteners store bought exact same size rivnuts and other 4 all worked first try. The ones zl1 send don't flare out like they supposed to.
I was pretty frustrated with the rivnuts that were provided. Having to enlarge my already drilled holes was not something I wanted to do. But in the end it worked out.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
... Had an issue with a few of the rivnuts that came with the wicker bill but I removed them and tossed in slightly bigger ones that worked out very well.
Do you now have rivnut remnants inside your wing?

I didn't have any trouble with the provided rivnuts. However, the supplied 9/32" drill bit is too small for them. I ended up using a tapered reamer to open up the holes for a perfect press fit before using the rivet tool.

I will post an install write-up on my techniques.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Do you now have rivnut remnants inside your wing?

I didn't have any trouble with the provided rivnuts. However, the supplied 9/32" drill bit is too small for them. I ended up using a tapered reamer to open up the holes for a perfect press fit before using the rivet tool.

I will post an install write-up on my techniques.
Philip - post pics if you don't mind too please. Would love to see it since your car looks really gorgeous.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Thanks. Yeah, I like how my car looks too. :) It's my Poor Man's McLaren.

Here's one I snagged this morning, overcast day.
I am likely to skip the clear center section for now, but I can imagine installing it for track days.

I just picked up enough clear film from Pristine Auto Spa to cover both front and rear sides of the wicker.

20210610_110829.jpg

Reactions: kz