2017 GT PP Premium, Lightning Blue

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium /Performance
Does anyone have experience with the wicker bill offerings from ZL1 addons? They have units for Roush, Cali Special, and GT350 Track Pack spoilers and they look kinda tempting.

I just picked up a Roush spoiler to change up my look and I'm tempted to try this too.

https://zl1addons.com/collections/wicker-bills/products/roush-mustang?variant=37796952193
I saw one of these at a car meet, and everyone was asking the guy about it. I also have a Roush spoiler and just ordered it. I’ll do a review in a couple weeks once installed.

OP
OP
Jmart

Jmart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad to hear - I have one on the way as well, it’s set to arrive tomorrow so I’ll try and get a review posted this weekend. Not looking forward to drilling into a brand new spoiler, but should be worth it!

I saw one of these at a car meet, and everyone was asking the guy about it. I also have a Roush spoiler and just ordered it. I’ll do a review in a couple weeks once installed.

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Glad to hear - I have one on the way as well, it’s set to arrive tomorrow so I’ll try and get a review posted this weekend. Not looking forward to drilling into a brand new spoiler, but should be worth it!
My local speed shop is going to install it for me. They are installing my BMR front chassis brace as well. They quoted me $75 to do it, so not too bad.

Looking forward to seeing pics of your car :cheers:

Sponsored

TJ91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' 5.0
I have it on my trackpack spoiler. Absolutely love it. No issues. Have brought it through touch Car washes with no problem.

Constantly get compliments on the spoiler :)

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
I have it on my trackpack spoiler. Absolutely love it. No issues. Have brought it through touch Car washes with no problem.

Constantly get compliments on the spoiler :)
Where’s the pic:shrug:

OP
OP
Jmart

Jmart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: the wicker bill arrived on time and was well packaged. Install was simple and went smoothly - there are a couple of quality YouTube videos that helped to understand the approach. Key is to make sure you take the time to confirm hole locations: measure twice, cut once! I spent just over an hour from start to finish. After installing the Roush spoiler this is a cakewalk.

I’m really liking the look! I opted for the smoked center piece and it really adds to it IMO. I also like that it can be easily removed - I’ve had it on/off a couple times now and it takes <5 minutes.

The only nitpick - since the Roush spoiler isn’t flat on the rear mounting surface, the 3x center screws end up sucking the center of the wicker bill in slightly. This doesn’t detract from the appearance, but I’m going to source some small rubber spacers to take up the gap and see how it looks.

Overall I’m happy with the product and I’d buy it again - definitely makes the Roush spoiler look more aggressive and purposeful. I came from a Steeda Q Series spoiler and loved that look but wanted to change it up. Initially Roush was a little small/tame for my taste, but now it’s perfect!

Been busy with the holiday weekend so photos are limited; this is a quick snap while making a grocery run. I can grab more photos when time permits :cheers:
37E39764-F382-4240-ACB8-01EC34B7D8CA.jpeg

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Update: the wicker bill arrived on time and was well packaged. Install was simple and went smoothly - there are a couple of quality YouTube videos that helped to understand the approach. Key is to make sure you take the time to confirm hole locations: measure twice, cut once! I spent just over an hour from start to finish. After installing the Roush spoiler this is a cakewalk.

I’m really liking the look! I opted for the smoked center piece and it really adds to it IMO. I also like that it can be easily removed - I’ve had it on/off a couple times now and it takes <5 minutes.

The only nitpick - since the Roush spoiler isn’t flat on the rear mounting surface, the 3x center screws end up sucking the center of the wicker bill in slightly. This doesn’t detract from the appearance, but I’m going to source some small rubber spacers to take up the gap and see how it looks.

Overall I’m happy with the product and I’d buy it again - definitely makes the Roush spoiler look more aggressive and purposeful. I came from a Steeda Q Series spoiler and loved that look but wanted to change it up. Initially Roush was a little small/tame for my taste, but now it’s perfect!

Been busy with the holiday weekend so photos are limited; this is a quick snap while making a grocery run. I can grab more photos when time permits :cheers:
Looks good brother. Looking forward to more pictures :cheers:

gundam83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Oxford White
I wonder if the spoiler would fit the Carbon Dynamics "track pack" spoiler that is a little taller than the factory track pack spoiler.

Sponsored

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
They have one for the stock gt spoiler which looks nice. I might switch to that, I'm sure there are a few of you that have the stock gt spoiler just sitting around.

Stanced

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush S/C

Wish they had the clear section as an option when I bought mine. Looks killer.

26630994337_7ddbc648f0_b.png

Last edited:

TheycallmeCC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost, 3m Gloss Storm Grey
I wonder if the spoiler would fit the Carbon Dynamics "track pack" spoiler that is a little taller than the factory track pack spoiler.
I'd also like to find this out. Tempted to buy one and find out, but I have a color matched spoiler and don't know how it would look.

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS

Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
I want to get a side view of it on a gt350 track pack spoiler. I currently have one sitting in my room and deciding if I want to add the wicker bill to it.
Sponsored