Sponsored

z06 LT6

MNGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350 base comp orange
My understanding was that the Voodoo sound was a result of the fact that the firing order is different then that of a Ferrari, which was due to the inability to fit dual intakes secondary to packaging concerns, this also lead to unequal length headers. All of which contributes to the uniqueness of the Voodoo tone, I don't think I've ever come across anything that suggested Ford tuned it that way but perhaps I missed that somewhere?
sounds here like sound played a big role in the unequal length header decision:

(I know it's a GT500 article, but they talk specifically about the GT350 sound)

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca...-mustang-shelby-gt500-the-right-kind-of-loud/
Sponsored

GoBlueGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 w/ Tech pack, 2022 F150 Tremor

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Yes, good article.
Couple of questionsā€¦I have a GT350, not an R.
I always thought the resonator was the only difference between the R and non Rā€™s exhaust and exhaust modes. Is that correct?
I do not use track mode although I do run in sport mode once I exit my neighborhood, every time.
Both the R and non R are track focused cars. Why the res delete in one and not the other? They are both street legal cars.
Iā€˜m the guy who thinks the GT350 exhaust is great out of the box, no need for a res delete for me. I may change my mind if I move out of California.

MNGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350 base comp orange
Yes, good article.
I always thought the resonator was the only difference between the R and non Rā€™s exhaust and exhaust modes. Is that correct?
I do not use track mode although I do run in sport mode once I exit my neighborhood, every time.
Both the R and non R are track focused cars. Why the res delete in one and not the other? They are both street legal cars.
Iā€˜m the guy who thinks the GT350 exhaust is great out of the box, no need for a res delete for me. I may change my mind if I move out of California.
I like the deeper growl with the resonators on the regular GT350. Plus, I don't need a few more decibels to alert the police even more, I'm happy with the volume already.

The "tube" resonators on the GT350 don't affect power output (some even say resonators can help power, but I doubt it matters if so) so I think it's just another way for Ford to market unique aspects of the R.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Yes, good article.
ford has been doing a great job tuning the exhausts on these cars for purpose lately. i saw some post from a guy who said he didn't like the soujnd of th 350 from clips on youtube. this is the problem with the internet, i think his opinion would change if he heard that thing in real life. its pretty flippin wild.

the only exhaust i've heard that sounds better than my stock GT static system is the hooker blackheart system.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dominic
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Exterior design is fairly objective, but C8 Z06 is a great performance car, there is no arguing about it. I would love to have one but ADM and low production number are making it a pain to get.

I don't get Ford VS Chevy thing, or any manufacturer rivalry for that matter, lol. A great car is a great car regardless of who make them, IMO. GT350 is like nothing else out there, but I usually trade/sell mine every few years, and C7/C8 Z06 is next on the list.
Sponsored