XPlan Price Issue - URGENT

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Well after the longest 8 months of my life! I finally pick her up today and gave her the first bath. The joy of driving the car is something else!

558A78DE-B24E-400B-9F61-777336A6D174.jpeg
Beautiful car Jeff and congrats but I don’t think you meant to post it in this thread. Try the Eruption Green thread.
Sponsored

fcuboi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium
I mean I do have the option of canceling the order and going elsewhere of course, but I would need to literally find a different dealer and get a deal in place tomorrow (in order to still get the order rebate).
If you do consider choosing a different dealer, the one I ordered from (in South Louisiana) didn't wrong me at all. Price protection, no markups, no "dealer-added packages" like fake tint. All without me even asking. I didn't sign up for this forum until after I ordered, so I had no clue I should be concerned about price protection or markups. I didn't even have a signed buyer's order (again, didn't know that was a thing until I signed up here). They even removed the dealer badging when I asked them to.

You say you're in Florida, so south Louisiana isn't terribly far, if you're interested lol

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
Sorry but I just have to ask.......your invoice had a TAX of $3406.65.......HOLY CRAP........is that for real??!! :shock:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Sorry but I just have to ask.......your invoice had a TAX of $3406.65.......HOLY CRAP........is that for real??!! :shock:
Most states charge their regular sales tax percentage for new cars. We are very fortunate that in SC we are capped at $500.

Sponsored

OP
OP

TheCarGuyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vincent
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 Scorpion
lol, here in FL we have a 6% tax on cars. There’s also county tax rates but they only apply to the first $5k. I also live in a town/zip that is part of two different counties, so it’s always a fun argument with any dealer to prove why I should get charged the lower tax percentage lol. But in this case, since they aren’t applying my trade to the deal, I’m stuck paying the full tax amount..

OP
OP

TheCarGuyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vincent
Vehicle(s)
Most states charge their regular sales tax percentage for new cars. We are very fortunate that in SC we are capped at $500.
Seems it’s time for me to move to SC! I never knew that about SC.

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Seems it’s time for me to move to SC! I never knew that about SC.
IF you come to SC pick your county wisely.....here in Beaufort County my annual Property Taxes are PRETTY HARSH........my 2022 Mustang GT (currently on order) will likely be around $700.00 the first year!!:angry:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
IF you come to SC pick your county wisely.....here in Beaufort County my annual Property Taxes are PRETTY HARSH........my 2022 Mustang GT (currently on order) will likely be around $700.00 the first year!!:angry:
Yeah, I think I forgot to mention that we get charged a yearly property tax on our cars. But our home taxes are so low, at least in Horry County, that it does really add up to much.

OP
OP

TheCarGuyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vincent
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I think I forgot to mention that we get charged a yearly property tax on our cars. But our home taxes are so low, at least in Horry County, that it does really add up to much.
Property tax on vehicles! Ouch. Good to know!

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Property tax on vehicles! Ouch. Good to know!
Yeah but I’m paying less than a tenth of what I was paying in New Jersey property taxes. I’ll take that any day. Plus the difference in sales tax pays the car property tax for many years. At the end of the day I’m way ahead.

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Yeah but I’m paying less than a tenth of what I was paying in New Jersey property taxes. I’ll take that any day. Plus the difference in sales tax pays the car property tax for many years. At the end of the day I’m way ahead.
I'm sure that's true Bikeman but it infuriates me to see the "GUVMINT THIEVES" just keep jacking up taxes to do stuff they deem necessary.......things that build a BIGGER BUREAUCRACY and help me NONE!! :angry:

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
But, as a 100% disabled vet the property taxes are mute.

OP
OP

TheCarGuyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vincent
Vehicle(s)
To get us back on track (lol), I decided to reach out to a few of the other local dealers in the area. I guess I was acting blindly yesterday letting the dealer who gave me the best deal on the sale of my car have my business for my new order.

I’ve heard from three dealers. Two said they won’t know concrete xplan pricing at order creation, one later changed and said they would. Another dealer (Parks Ford of Wesley Chapel), is claiming they don’t charge ANY dealer fees on xplan, don’t have any mandatory dealer add ons or “packages”, and said their $500 deposit is fully refundable for any reason at all.

Has anyone on here in the Tampa Bay Area ever had any dealings with Parks Ford? It almost sounds too good to be true since I didn’t really have to put up a fight at all to get all the right/desirable answers. Of course, everything I’m being told is just talk until I actually sit down with them and start looking at numbers.

What do you all think?
Sponsored