Sponsored

XPlan Price Issue - URGENT

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Not used Parks but it'll all be in writing if they are aboveboard.

I just ordered a Brittany Coastal at ourisman Manassas VA this afternoon. They are 3.5% below invoice plus 900 doc fee which nets out to 2% below invoice.

We ran the numbers against x plan and X was worse by $400. But the dealer accounting is better with X so in exchange for me taking the X option they threw in $600 worth of parts, accessories or service.

Considering I'm personally responsible for them having at least 7 mach 1 orders on the books it should have been twice that but I'll call in my chips at delivery.

And I also get the $1000 rebate for custom orders, which expires 1 august. All together it's equivalent to 4.5 pct below invoice which compared to deals back in 2019 is peanuts.

X plan or better yet A are good to have in your back pocket but can easily superceded.
Sponsored

OP
OP

TheCarGuyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vincent
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 Scorpion
Heard back from the second dealer. Their order summary sheet also shows ā€œNAā€ for a/d/z/x plan unfortunately. So maybe the last dealer didnā€™t manually do that. This dealers order summary shows a better priority code (10), vs my other order code of 19. The issue here is this dealers order summary only shows MSRP. It doesnā€™t even show the invoice pricing that the original dealerā€™s did.

How am I having this many issues? Lol. Does anyone have a Dora/order summary example that actually shows xplan price? Should they always show invoice cost, provided theyā€™re set up as xplan?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
stop dealing with shitty-ass dealers and Call Jason@Ourisman. Mention my name (Matt)

You can take the Amtrack Auto-Train from Lorton VA to Orlando if you want. Or better yet drive your new car the length of the BlueRidge and similar roads all the way back to Tampa. Make it a fun road trip. Roll into the local dealer and have them do an oil change.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Heard back from the second dealer. Their order summary sheet also shows ā€œNAā€ for a/d/z/x plan unfortunately. So maybe the last dealer didnā€™t manually do that. This dealers order summary shows a better priority code (10), vs my other order code of 19. The issue here is this dealers order summary only shows MSRP. It doesnā€™t even show the invoice pricing that the original dealerā€™s did.

How am I having this many issues? Lol. Does anyone have a Dora/order summary example that actually shows xplan price? Should they always show invoice cost, provided theyā€™re set up as xplan?
Just realized something. Do you have a X-Plan registration code? You need that to officially get X-Plan pricing.

https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just realized something. Do you have a X-Plan registration code? You need that to officially get X-Plan pricing.

https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm
the dealer can run and print A/X/D-plan prices and full breakdown in their purchase order software regardless of possession of a code. They obviously won't sell it to you without one...

X plan in a nut shell is Invoice + 250 X-plan admin fee + $75-$100 dealer 'doc' fee.
Around here with $900+ in 'doc' fees, it can really help if you are crossing swords with 'no lower than invoice' mentality.

Sponsored

OP
OP

TheCarGuyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vincent
Vehicle(s)
Hey all. Yeah, I have a pin generated already. I just heard back from the other dealer Iā€™ve contacted, and they were able to provide an order preview showing invoice as well as all of the plan pricing. Not sure why the other dealers are hiding things. The other dealer, who I was going to go with since they claim to throw in their ā€œPackageā€ (minus the lifetime warranty), has since sent me the order preview, but their plan pricing still shows ā€œNAā€. This new dealership has invoice and plan, and is claiming to also be offering me a $500 gift card with a custom order.

I guess as long as they actually honor the gift card ($250 now, $250 at delivery, no deposit required), it makes more sense to go through them. Iā€™ll take $500 over some door edge guards and fabric protection lol.

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, 94 Mustang GT
Hi all!

I am currently in a dealership and would really love some support. I have a dealer building me a car. There have been a bunch of misinformation beingprovided. They are saying they are unable to figure out xplan pricing and put that on the buyers order. They are saying they do not receive a Dora sheet until months after order creation, once a vin is assigned.Everything Iā€™ve read here mentions a Dora is generated within 2-3 days.

is this true? They are quoting $200 over invoice, and it doesnā€™t look like itā€™s even the right MSRP.
Please help!
I am sure this is later than you needed but your dealer is an idiot or is lying to you. I ordered using X-Plan last summer and had a firm price in the dealership 10 minutes after we finished doing the build. It was a little under invoice, which is what X-Plan runs. He printed it out and I signed it, gave him $100 and he placed the order. Three months later I had the car you see above left.

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, 94 Mustang GT
X plan in a nut shell is Invoice + 250 X-plan admin fee + $75-$100 dealer 'doc' fee.
In my experience (2015 and 2021 Mustangs) X-Plan is a bit under invoice. Not much. $150 or so. I haven't paid an "X-Plan admin fee." Your dealer has invented that. Doc fees are also a dealer invention but have become universal.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Most states charge their regular sales tax percentage for new cars. We are very fortunate that in SC we are capped at $500.
Well, then we have the annual county tax that, over the life of the vehicle, will end up being close to the sales tax that we'd have paid (and been able to roll into the loan) at vehicle purchase. I estimated the county tax (Berkeley County) on the Bronco that I have on order. For the first year, it'll be over $700. That will decrease over the life of the vehicle, but my 2016 Mustang GT is still $260/year, and my wife's 2017 Mercedes C300 AMG Sport is about $290.

stop dealing with shitty-ass dealers and Call Jason@Ourisman. Mention my name (Matt)

You can take the Amtrack Auto-Train from Lorton VA to Orlando if you want. Or better yet drive your new car the length of the BlueRidge and similar roads all the way back to Tampa. Make it a fun road trip. Roll into the local dealer and have them do an oil change.
Loosely my plan for when my Bronco comes in. Fly up to Philly with my son, have my dad pick me up from the airport, head to Chapman Ford, do the pickup, cover the whole damn front end with painter's tape, then drive down I-81, through the mountains, to I-77, then I-26 to home.

JR

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
In my experience (2015 and 2021 Mustangs) X-Plan is a bit under invoice. Not much. $150 or so. I haven't paid an "X-Plan admin fee."
How X-Plan Pricing Is Calculated: Invoice - 0.4% + $275 program fee
The 275 is baked into the X-plan quote. No, you don't see it on the paperwork as a line-item.

If the Invoice is big enough the 0.4% can override the program fee and you net for under Invoice. But I don't buy cars over $35000 so end up over Invoice at the end of the day.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

TheCarGuyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vincent
Vehicle(s)
Hello all! I have an interesting update for you. So, as I mentioned, I worked with a new dealer to place a new order for my car. The experience was much better. I emailed the old dealer I had a terrible experience with yesterday, and didnā€™t hear back. I called yesterday a few hours before closing, and the sales person said the manager (the one who was playing games and was being shady), who is in charge of orders is out, but will be back tomorrow.

Well, today arrived, and the sales person texts me with ā€œHey I have good news šŸ˜ā€. I check my email..and what do you know, my order is scheduled for production with a vin assigned, 5 days after order creation. Are they playing with me, knowing I signed saying the deposit is fully refundable up until VIN creation? Since the email came from Ford..I guess it is real. But..how?

Then comes my other order, placed on 7/31-8/1. I havenā€™t received a scheduled email yet. What should I do? The new dealer offered NO dealer fee under xplan, and to throw in their ā€œpackageā€ at no cost. Honestly, Iā€™d rather go with the new dealer, assuming both cars will be built/arrive around the same time. I will say the original dealer assigned priority code 19, while the new dealer assigned priority code 10. Shouldnā€™t the 10 one have a higher priority?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Hello all! I have an interesting update for you. So, as I mentioned, I worked with a new dealer to place a new order for my car. The experience was much better. I emailed the old dealer I had a terrible experience with yesterday, and didnā€™t hear back. I called yesterday a few hours before closing, and the sales person said the manager (the one who was playing games and was being shady), who is in charge of orders is out, but will be back tomorrow.

Well, today arrived, and the sales person texts me with ā€œHey I have good news šŸ˜ā€. I check my email..and what do you know, my order is scheduled for production with a vin assigned, 5 days after order creation. Are they playing with me, knowing I signed saying the deposit is fully refundable up until VIN creation? Since the email came from Ford..I guess it is real. But..how?

Then comes my other order, placed on 7/31-8/1. I havenā€™t received a scheduled email yet. What should I do? The new dealer offered NO dealer fee under xplan, and to throw in their ā€œpackageā€ at no cost. Honestly, Iā€™d rather go with the new dealer, assuming both cars will be built/arrive around the same time. I will say the original dealer assigned priority code 19, while the new dealer assigned priority code 10. Shouldnā€™t the 10 one have a higher priority?
I can think of a better word than interesting. Well you played their game and now you have to decide who's going to win. Keep in mind the dealer rarely loses.

My opinion is the same as it was when you first posted. Walk away. Take the hit and move on. And do yourself a favor. Next time you ask the forum a question listen to their responses. Everyone told you to walk away. I think you have already learned this lesson so I'm writing it for the next person who reads this thread.

OP
OP

TheCarGuyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vincent
Vehicle(s)
I can think of a better word than interesting. Well you played their game and now you have to decide who's going to win. Keep in mind the dealer rarely loses.

My opinion is the same as it was when you first posted. Walk away. Take the hit and move on. And do yourself a favor. Next time you ask the forum a question listen to their responses. Everyone told you to walk away. I think you have already learned this lesson so I'm writing it for the next person who reads this thread.
I get the frustration. I didnā€™t see the new replies until after the deal was done, so thatā€™s on me. That being said, I confirmed with ford performance that this one is scheduled for production for the week of Sept 12th. No idea how thatā€™s possible. I havenā€™t replied to the salesman yet, so Iā€™m thinking over my next moves. Technically I requested cancellation yesterday, prior to vin creation, so Iā€™m thinking about sticking it to them and saying they need to cancel/be stuck with the car. But on the other hand, I donā€™t want to be stuck waiting four months for the other dealerships car, if this one may be here in two.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I get the frustration. I didnā€™t see the new replies until after the deal was done, so thatā€™s on me. That being said, I confirmed with ford performance that this one is scheduled for production for the week of Sept 12th. No idea how thatā€™s possible. I havenā€™t replied to the salesman yet, so Iā€™m thinking over my next moves. Technically I requested cancellation yesterday, prior to vin creation, so Iā€™m thinking about sticking it to them and saying they need to cancel/be stuck with the car. But on the other hand, I donā€™t want to be stuck waiting four months for the other dealerships car, if this one may be here in two.
Stay with your current order only if you get a signed contract (as in legal with recourse) laying out the entire price structure and all promises made. Otherwise you are going to be very unhappy in two months.

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
My new car was ordered on 6-14-22 and just two weeks ago the VIN was created and production IS scheduled for the week of 8-29-22!!

It all has to do with parts availability as to when you get scheduled........mine is a vert and perhaps my optionS took a bit longer to acquire........STRANGE happenings in ALL businesses but especially the auto business with goofy dealers!!

Good Luck with whatever you decide!!

PS: I refused to deal with any Ford dealer in my area and ordered through Chuck Anderson Ford in Excelsior Springs, MO!!

https://www.chuckandersonford.com/
Sponsored

Last edited: