Sponsored

XPlan Price Issue - URGENT

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
First off X plan pricing generally speaking is a couple hundred bucks over MSRP
I think you meant to say INVOICE
Currently any dealer that has the allocation and that will take your X plan discount is going to be the best deal you can get hands down.
unless the dealer's name is Chapman, Granger, or Ourisman. But not Koons, never Koons...
Build the car. Ask them how long it will take to generate the invoice and when it's ready you can see for yourself what the price is.
you can get X-plan pricing right off the Ford Build and Price. Just log in with your Ford account and put in your plan code. Every vehicle I play what-if with on Ford's site shows me X-plan pricing.
Sponsored

Kennysum1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Alfa Romeo Quadraflio, 2018 TT GT Prem, 22 GT

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
And you have to ask yourself this question. If you have a signed final price on your car and the dealership decides they do not want to honor the price. Are you really willing to take legal action? A dealership does not have to sell you a car either. That final price sheet is not a contract.
This!

When creating a order they will not be able to generate a invoice immediately and that is where the X plan number is located. This takes a few days. Ask to see the invoice and whatever it says in the X plan box + $100 doc fee is your price.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
@TheCarGuyNJ

Just throwing this into the mix... I know you're seeking a new S550... but saw you also stated you might settle for a used 2021 if it had what you're seeking for options.

Have you tried doing a Cargurus Nationwide search? There's a lot of S550's across the US on there. Not all are ridiculous pricing like what many of us see on a local dealer lot level. I've seen quite a few good deals outside of my region (NJ).

It may be something to check out if you haven't.

GR1MxREAPER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Lots and lots of information in this thread.. some right and some wrong.

As someone who used to run a Ford dealership let's go over a few things.

First off X plan pricing generally speaking is a couple hundred bucks over MSRP and the dealer gets to keep the hold back. The doc fee used to be capped at $75 and now it is capped at $100. This saves you a good chunk of change at most dealers.

The dealership is under no obligation to honor X plan pricing and can just refuse the sale. This never used to happen. Because X plan was a free sale to them and most likely financing. Plus like I said they still get the hold back. Back in the day you could negotiate a better deal without X plan. Currently any dealer that has the allocation and that will take your X plan discount is going to be the best deal you can get hands down.

When creating a order they will not be able to generate a invoice immediately and that is where the X plan number is located. This takes a few days. Ask to see the invoice and whatever it says in the X plan box + $100 doc fee is your price. Some of the other plans will have a lower price those are for different things such as a corporate Ford employee. You don't get that price. That price is often times triple net.

Build the car. Ask them how long it will take to generate the invoice and when it's ready you can see for yourself what the price is.

With current allocations they are going to look elsewhere to make some money. Financing, addendum stickers, etc. Currently the dealer holds most of the cards sadly.

If it were me and I was shopping with X plan I would just call dealer after dealer with a canned line "Hey I am looking to order a new Mustang GT and my company Participates in the X plan pricing through Ford. Is this something you all have a allocation for and would be willing to honor that price with no additional add ons?"

Anything other than a firm yes and I would call the next guy. Might take a few calls though though lol. Inventory is tight.
First off you can literally log on to the ford website and enter your x plan details and they tell you the exact x plan pricing. The dealer has this info in 30 seconds when creating an order. I went through 3 dealers when I was gonna order a new car and all 3 had an exact number instantly.. also There is atleast 8 dealers in US that are 3-5% below invoice. X plan for me was about 500 less then invoice. I ended up buying a used 2019 but I just went through this 6 months ago, best price was 5% below invoice at Granger, heck they were at 2% below invoice on Mach 1’s and they got a bunch of allocations even.. they filled up instantly but still crazy pricing.[/QUOTE]
Sponsored