X-pipe vs h-pipe

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I've searched and read how the X is more raspy, the H is deeper.

Currently have the LTH Resonator Delete X pipe on order (hasn't shipped) and not sure when

Steeda just launched their H pipe last week and posted their comparison video of stock vs LTH X-pipe vs Steeda H-pipe.

Steeda will ship in about a week if I preorder.

Opinions? I'm torn on which way to go for the sound. Audio sounds good for both pipes on their video but hate that I can't hear either in person. To be honest, I can't tell much of a difference between the two in their video but that may just be my computer/phone. I even hooked it up to my stereo system in the car and it still sounds very similar.

I've read, get the X so it will be similar to the R sound. As far as what I'm looking for, just looking to enhance the current sound as I LOVE the stock sound now in sport exhaust mode. Wouldn't mind it a little louder to piss off my neighbor but maintain that quality exhaust note.

Sponsored

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'20 MGT, '18 H-D Fat Bob 131ci, '17 Yaris
Best of both worlds........Borla SwitchFire. Sounds. So. Good.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Try them both for a couple weeks each and see which one sounds best to your ears and then sell the other.

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I just put in the Lth 2 weeks ago. Sounds awesome, no regrets. Def hard to judge the sound by random vids. It is noticably louder but in a very good way. No noteworthy change with the valves closed.

Havnt heard one with an h-pipe so can't compare though

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I've searched and read how the X is more raspy, the H is deeper.

Currently have the LTH Resonator Delete X pipe on order (hasn't shipped) and not sure when

Steeda just launched their H pipe last week and posted their comparison video of stock vs LTH X-pipe vs Steeda H-pipe.

Steeda will ship in about a week if I preorder.

Opinions? I'm torn on which way to go for the sound. Audio sounds good for both pipes on their video but hate that I can't hear either in person. To be honest, I can't tell much of a difference between the two in their video but that may just be my computer/phone. I even hooked it up to my stereo system in the car and it still sounds very similar.

I've read, get the X so it will be similar to the R sound. As far as what I'm looking for, just looking to enhance the current sound as I LOVE the stock sound now in sport exhaust mode. Wouldn't mind it a little louder to piss off my neighbor but maintain that quality exhaust note.

The LTH is probably the best (if not, only) resonator to give you stock sound but just louder. If you don't like the stock sound and want it to sound differently go with the Steeda. I wanted mine to sound just like a GT350R so I went with the LTH and it has been phenomenal. Best $217 I'll ever spend on modding my exhaust.

I'm pretty sure the LTH is cheaper as well. If you don't like it it's easy to change it out and try something else, it won't put a huge dent in your wallet.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blwnsmoke

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
The LTH is probably the best (if not, only) resonator to give you stock sound but just louder. If you don't like the stock sound and want it to sound differently go with the Steeda. I wanted mine to sound just like a GT350R so I went with the LTH and it has been phenomenal. Best $217 I'll ever spend on modding my exhaust.

I'm pretty sure the LTH is cheaper as well. If you don't like it it's easy to change it out and try something else, it won't put a huge dent in your wallet.
The LTH cost me $203 shipped, I found a discount code online through Lethal Performance. The Steeda is $249 and I can use a 10% off my first purchase bringing it to $224. So reality wise, it's just $21 more.

I guess I'll stick with the LTH then since I love the way it sounds now but want more volume. I'm assuming the crackles and pops are quite louder as well with the valves open?

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
The LTH cost me $203 shipped, I found a discount code online through Lethal Performance. The Steeda is $249 and I can use a 10% off my first purchase bringing it to $224. So reality wise, it's just $21 more.

I guess I'll stick with the LTH then since I love the way it sounds now but want more volume. I'm assuming the crackles and pops are quite louder as well with the valves open?
Yeah, its exactly as you described, everything is the same but just more volume. The crackles and pops are really loud when the valves are open its really insane.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Analogy of H vs X:

H = NASCAResque deep rumble at idle and literally roars at WOT, keeping that deep note and rumble

X = Indy Caresque raspy exhaust tone and screams at WOT like the original 1954 Godzilla...

:)

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Lethal Performance X-Pipe. Sounds like stock with the valves closed. A little more volume with them open. Perfect combo in my opinion.
Sponsored