Sponsored

Difference between resonator delete X and H pipe?

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Looking at the Roush units, can’t tell what the differences between these two options anybody try them both?
Sponsored

Bran2TheDon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp. Orange GT
I went with the H, in my opinion it has a deeper tone, versus the X which is rapier.

That's my .02

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
The H-pipe.filters out rasp more, since there is a non-direct flow of gases & cross resonance. While S-pipes merge the sounds & gases allowing higher freq resonance, etc.

^^

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
H pipe gives more of a traditional deep muscle sound. X pipe gives you a high rpm raspy sound, closer to a ricer (but will still sound like the v8 it is).

Sponsored

OP
OP
Stang 19

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Love the sound of the old high powered muscle car the H pipe gives you. However for me I choose the sound of the track I get with the X pipe

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
I have the h and I like the sound with the active exhaust. It is mellow at idle but has a nice rumble when you get on it. I had the x on my old S197 and while I loved the sound, I think the lower tone of the H is easier to live with.

OP
OP
Stang 19

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I have the h and I like the sound with the active exhaust. It is mellow at idle but has a nice rumble when you get on it. I had the x on my old S197 and while I loved the sound, I think the lower tone of the H is easier to live with.
Thank you for the replies. I think the H pipe will fit my needs. If i understand correctly, it is a cut/ clamp operation.

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500; 2021 Mach-e GT Performance
Thank you for the replies. I think the H pipe will fit my needs. If i understand correctly, it is a cut/ clamp operation.
For the most part; check the install instructions for the specific mid-pipe. I just installed a Steeda H-pipe ( great sound, quality and price), and because the Steeda (like the Mishimoto) is a flush fit, it is absolutely cut and clamp. Others may require releasing the axle-back for the pipe install; still a breeze for quick mod. Remember for any exhaust work, align your tips before tightening down or welding.

Sponsored

GTFURY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, PP1, 401A, A10, Magneride
Lot's of good info about sound, tone, and install but has anyone noticed any drone with an H pipe? I've got my Steeda H-pipe ready to install on my active exhaust 19 but have been wondering about that last piece?

LFSoccer2k6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium Jet Gray HP
Lot's of good info about sound, tone, and install but has anyone noticed any drone with an H pipe? I've got my Steeda H-pipe ready to install on my active exhaust 19 but have been wondering about that last piece?
I am not too knowledgeable here, but I’m pretty sure drone deals with mufflers. I have 19 with active and I get drone stock in sport and track.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
There was a really good article I read once when looking for a midpipe on my Mach1.

The break down was the H is higher TQ, and deeper tone. The X was higher HP and higher tone. It was a difference of just a few HP/TQ, but in the article it was repeatable.

I wonder if I can find that link again after nearly 13yrs.

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500; 2021 Mach-e GT Performance
‘19 with active and Steeda H will sound killer; I have the same. I don’t hear drone, just muscle.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Zero drone. The H sounds great with active exhaust in all modes.
Sponsored