WTF Ford and Michelin P4 are dead

Mattneedforgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
Today I joined my wife and son for lunch and my son asked what was white on my tire. The front driver's side tire on the inside is nothing but cords. Ford dealership said it was alignment that messed it up the tire people said no way and want to do a warranty replacement but the ford dealership does not want to do the warranty inspection. Wtf the car and the tires have 14136.1 miles on them fml anything i can do.
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Is the car 100% stock?

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
The tire warranty for that tire is 30,000 miles. However if it is a staggered set up, like the PP1, you have to cut the miles in half because you cant perform the required type of tire rotation. If you take into the camber and toe setup per the Mustang PP1 specs. you got about what I would expect. I got about 10k out of my fronts when the insides were bald, not corded yet.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Today I joined my wife and son for lunch and my son asked what was white on my tire. The front driver's side tire on the inside is nothing but cords. Ford dealership said it was alignment that messed it up the tire people said no way and want to do a warranty replacement but the ford dealership does not want to do the warranty inspection. Wtf the car and the tires have 14136.1 miles on them fml anything i can do.
If you only lightly street drive the car with no track miles your alignment is probably a little off. I would expect you might have to replace front tires somewhere between 20,000 and 25,000 miles, but they should only be down to the wear bars at that point. They shouldn't be to the cords quite so quickly. I'm a little surprised the car didn't pull on the highway or make noise.

Sponsored

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
lol get used to it bud

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
13K miles is pretty good for MPS tires.

Just get it aligned, and get 4 new tires. I'm sure the rest of the tires are shot too.

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
just went thru the same thing, the toe was off, I asked if there was any damage to cause that and they said no, no damage. I then proceeded to ask if the alignment could have been off from the factory and he stated yes but as soon as I said is my warranty going to cover the cost of the alignment or 2 new tires he started back pedaling, saying there's no proof and that I could have hit something.... right after he said no damage. Also he said I should have had the first free alignment done before the 12,000 miles / 12 month period, wish they would have let me know that was even a thing... So that was the end of that, tires had 22k miles and all 4 still had 5/32nds tread left minus the 2 front inside corners were down to the cords.

Long story short out $100 for the alignment and $700 for 2 front tires

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150

Sometimes the dealer will go ahead and replace if you had car serviced there. Ford recommends every 5k to 8k ..I know a staggered setup can go from side to side but the wear could have be no caught if you had them rotate at 8k. Let us know if they will assist

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
My stock 15 burned the insides off the front tires too....lightly driven, pff from the factory.
Sponsored