Sponsored

Wrong size tire in rear

Vincz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F80 M3
I just noticed my car has 295's all the way around...I bought my car new 2 months ago, 1500 miles on it now.

Someone made a mistake at the factory or someone swapped them on me at the dealership. I think the rear wheel is larger by my amateur measure with measuring tape..

Anyone else find this?
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
That is DEFINITELY wrong. Should be 305 in the rear. Whatever the case may be, I'd asked if the dealership can swap out a set that is for sure 305. I'd be willing they'll cover it under warranty even because it's a factory OEM error.

RLMJR58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, pp, Kona Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Just found one of my front tires incorrectly installed on my new GT Premium PP. “outside” in at about 1000 miles...

Sponsored

B/Stock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350, 16' 2500 Duramax
You bought the car new? Something seems fishy there, I don't see the factory making a mistake like that.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I bet the rims are not the correct rims in the rear as well? The rims are different sizes and the tires will mount differently. Factory rear rims are wider than the front. You should see a difference in how the tires in the rear look compared to the front if the rear rims are factory size.

I bet someone took the 305 tires rims and all and replaced them with a set of front 295s and front rims.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I bet the rims are not the correct rims in the rear as well? The rims are different sizes and the tires will mount differently. Factory rear rims are wider than the front. You should see a difference in how the tires in the rear look compared to the front if the rear rims are factory size.

I bet someone took the 305 tires rims and all and replaced them with a set of front 295s and front rims.
Not possible. The fronts have an extreme offset that would poke the wheel out more than excessively.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
That could be a factory mistake putting 295's all around, the quickest way to tell if the wheels are correct; the rear wheels will have the Lug nuts one-half inch into the pocket, the front wheels will have the Lug nuts one and a half inches into the pocket from the outside edge.

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Not possible. The fronts have an extreme offset that would poke the wheel out more than excessively.
Not impossible but I see your point, would very much be noticeable. The tires should look a little flatter in mounted on the wider factory rear rims though.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Not impossible but I see your point, would very much be noticeable. The tires should look a little flatter in mounted on the wider factory rear rims though.
Not possible as it would be INSANELY obvious and would (I would certainly hope...) it would be corrected immediately. The poke would be well over an inch from the fender plus the tire would be stretched.

OP
OP

Vincz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F80 M3
Wheels are the right size, the offsets are completely different. The dealership is very interested in how this happened, bringing the car in next monday for oil change, will keep you updated

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Ford definitely overstocked these 295 MPSSs. They are not only fire selling them through FPRS, but apparently they are also sneaking them on unsuspecting customers cars :D

OP, sorry about the trouble - you will get it sorted out.
Sponsored