Sponsored

Wrong size black lug nuts

ZIGZGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Premium PP
I ordered black lug nuts for my GT when I received it from American Muscle. The ones they sent me were the wrong size. They believe they sent me some 10-14 model year ones on accident. Their customer service was excellent. Either way, I am getting replacements and now I am left with these. They are in perfect condition and are never used. If anyone knows someone who could use them, let me know. I'll take $15 just to cover shipping and my time. Thanks to anyone who can help!
Sponsored

B.Crowder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 Mustang GT Prem. M/T
Hmm, exact same thing happened to me back in July. AM was very good about it, but I thought they'd have it sorted out by now.

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone found black lugs that fit the countersink like the stock lug? I hate the Gorilla nuts that are on mine right now.

B.Crowder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 Mustang GT Prem. M/T
Apparently, there are two different Gorilla nuts. Don't know what the difference is, but one is supposed to fit better.

Sponsored

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Gorilla Wheel Locks 96643BDX ARE the ones you want.
Key phrase here is: Conical Seat Type = Bulge
With these you will not see the "Silver Ring" of aluminum wheel showing around the smaller 71642NBC lugs

I got mine thru Discount Tire Direct, better price then other places that carry them.

Ask for:
Lynn Decker
Customer Care Agent
Discount Tire

800-707-8473 ext 51845

OP
OP
ZIGZGT

ZIGZGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Premium PP
I ordered the correct ones. They sent me the wrong year lugs.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Same thing happened to me too, (Not AM by the way) so I too have set of 10-14 lugs sitting around, good news is I think they will fit my supra.

HI GUYS, THOSE NUTS ARE FOR FACTORY WHEELS OR RACE WHEELS?
You can use them on factory wheels, though it will be very small in the wheel holes, but normally you can't use factory lugs on aftermarket wheels because the holes are too small.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat

Sponsored

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Installing the black lug nuts purchased from AM today, and I cant help feeling they are too small for spirited driving (just by looking at them) compared to the original. They are stamped 14 mm 1.5. I am sure they would be okay for normal driving. Are these safe for laps around a road course? Here are a few photos.
1108151356.jpg
1108151354a.jpg
1108151354.jpg

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
sorry for the large photo's, first upload. I need to study a bit :)

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
I ordered black lug nuts for my GT when I received it from American Muscle. The ones they sent me were the wrong size. They believe they sent me some 10-14 model year ones on accident. Their customer service was excellent. Either way, I am getting replacements and now I am left with these. They are in perfect condition and are never used. If anyone knows someone who could use them, let me know. I'll take $15 just to cover shipping and my time. Thanks to anyone who can help!
Ziz - Thanks for taking the time to have this posted up and I'm sorry to hear about your trouble along with B.Crowders as well. I'll be forward and this isn't the first time that I've seen this happen and I would chalk this up to human error on our end. Having picked orders personally for some of the guys here on 6G along with a couple other forums when I wanted to I know how difficult it can be for some of our pickers when they're grabbing parts as delicate as lug nuts. If they're wrong, they're wrong!

I'll make sure that our warehouse manager takes a look at this along with the location of the nuts as there could be an inventory issue or something as simple as the box they're being taken from is mislabeled.

I'll make sure this reaches the right people guys.

If anyone has any issues with an order don't hesitate to let me know, I'm always here to help.

Alex

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
Installing the black lug nuts purchased from AM today, and I cant help feeling they are too small for spirited driving (just by looking at them) compared to the original. They are stamped 14 mm 1.5. I am sure they would be okay for normal driving. Are these safe for laps around a road course? Here are a few photos.
Jabrax

No apology necessary about the picture size, I'm still learning here as well.

In regards to your question about the lugs being used for spirited driving you're going to be just fine. If you're overly concerned take the car for a rip around the country, check the torque on them, repeat.

You're going to be just fine!

Alex

Brian Z.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Gorilla Wheel Locks 96643BDX ARE the ones you want.
Key phrase here is: Conical Seat Type = Bulge
With these you will not see the "Silver Ring" of aluminum wheel showing around the smaller 71642NBC lugs

I got mine thru Discount Tire Direct, better price then other places that carry them.

Ask for:
Lynn Decker
Customer Care Agent
Discount Tire

800-707-8473 ext 51845
I'm mounting aftermarket wheels that I had on my '13 GT. I assume these gorilla lugs will work? Or are these lugs made only for factory wheels?
Sponsored