Sponsored

Black lug nuts

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Looking for recommendations for black lug nuts in the standard M14 x 1.5 size. Looking for lug nuts that take a standard socket. Specifically do NOT want any splined lug nuts that require a proprietary socket that's impossible to replace, to remove them. Related: This is the first time I've seen lug nuts referred to as "Tuner lug nuts." WTH does that mean? Are they just a narrower overall diameter to fit inside aftermarket wheels?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, Tuner nuts are smaller outer diameter used for aftermarket wheels.
OEM nuts often do not fit since the conical base is so large.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Go with Gorilla longs. They work great and make them easier to remove and install. P/N 45148BC-20

OP
OP
mikes2017gt

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Thanks guys. This community is great. :rockon:

Apex Wheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
We encourage people to use OEM lug nuts whenever possible with our wheels as they have really good strength and a wide base for the most contact possible. Our wheels have a huge opening for lug nuts, even these could be used: https://www.amazon.com/Coyote-Black...id=1537826473&sr=1-3&keywords=gorilla+m14x1.5

If I were going to buy some for myself, I would get these: https://www.cjponyparts.com/gorilla...style-bulge-black-chrome-2015-2019/p/WHLLN20/

The reason they say only for factory wheels is because of their large seat base. Our wheels have just as much room, if not slightly more, than the factory wheels to fit the heaviest of duty lug nuts.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mikes2017gt

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Thanks very much, ApexRP! You just answered my question as to "What fits?" I'm still undecided what color to go with though. My car has the chrome trim vs. the blacked-out look. Personal preference, of course, but I've never had any other than the stock 20s' on my car. Can't wait to get my EC-7s! :handsinair:

Basically, the white GT from the Apex website is identical to mine, save for a different rear valance, black exhaust tips and a 1" drop. Apex photo attached.
S550-Anthracite-3 (Large).jpg

Last edited:

Apex Wheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks very much, ApexRP! You just answered my question as to "What fits?" I'm still undecided what color to go with though. My car has the chrome trim vs. the blacked-out look. Personal preference, of course, but I've never had any other than the stock 20s' on my car. Can't wait to get my EC-7s! :handsinair:
You can always try the wheels first with the OEM chrome lug nuts to get a feel for it. If you like it, great! No money out. Otherwise then you can purchase the Gorilla option in black if you're looking for something darker.

- Cory

OP
OP
mikes2017gt

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Yup, that's the plan. :)

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Those Gorilla OEM style lugs that Apex recommended are a great product. Very durable, and I swap wheels every couple of weeks or worse.
Sponsored