Wrapping My S550...

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I considered this too, but the cost is more like 7k.
Xpel and Stek (another high end PPF brand) have 10 year warranties against yellowing, adhesion issues, etc. (with proper maintenance of course). So amortize that cost over 10 years. And your paint will look like it did when you had it PPF’d after the 10 years too. It’s a lot of $$ up front but if it’s a car you intend to keep a long time it could be worth it. Really just depends if you can/want to spend that kind of money up front.

I haven’t done it to mine but if I decide in the next year or so that this is a car I intend to keep for the long haul, I will do mine. Most likely in the stealth/matte finish too
Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Xpel and Stek (another high end PPF brand) have 10 year warranties against yellowing, adhesion issues, etc. (with proper maintenance of course). So amortize that cost over 10 years. And your paint will look like it did when you had it PPF’d after the 10 years too. It’s a lot of $$ up front but if it’s a car you intend to keep a long time it could be worth it. Really just depends if you can/want to spend that kind of money up front.

I haven’t done it to mine but if I decide in the next year or so that this is a car I intend to keep for the long haul, I will do mine. Most likely in the stealth/matte finish too
Yeah, my car is Iconic silver, so it would come out looking something like this. Im considering it...

1715365928992-qh.png

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yeah, my car is Iconic silver, so it would come out looking something like this. Im considering it...

1715365928992-qh.png
That looks really clean. What’s there not to like about that (other than the cost LOL).

The film itself is not that expensive. It’s all the prep work that goes into it is where the cost really is. Most shops will do at a minimum a light paint correction and then depending on if you want them to remove badges, spoilers, etc then put them back on. That part adds up really quick.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
That looks really clean. What’s there not to like about that (other than the cost LOL).

The film itself is not that expensive. It’s all the prep work that goes into it is where the cost really is. Most shops will do at a minimum a light paint correction and then depending on if you want them to remove badges, spoilers, etc then put them back on. That part adds up really quick.
I just talked to a guy here in town (Blue Chip Fleet) and he said 8k for everything including paint correction. They remove and re-apply the badges. I Already removed the ghey MACH1 stickers so no issue there. He said they mostly do high end collector vehicles, and just got done doing a 1973 911 RS (million dollar car)

1715368029919-wv.png

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I just talked to a guy here in town (Blue Chip Fleet) and he said 8k for everything including paint correction. They remove and re-apply the badges. I Already removed the ghey MACH1 stickers so no issue there. He said they mostly do high end collector vehicles, and just got done doing a 1973 911 RS (million dollar car)

1715368029919-wv.png
Definitely sounds like the right guy to talk to. That yellow Carrera GT is no slouch when it comes to value either LOL.
Sponsored