Sponsored

Vinyl Wrapping

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Anyone doing any self installs of vinyl wraps? Not the entire car, heck not even the exterior, just some of the plastic parts. :)

Specifically I want to dress up the engine bay and wrap the plastic radiator cover. It's huge and the first thing you see when you pop the hood. Yeah, I could spray paint it like I have the covers, but I want a carbon fiber look. AND I suck at spray painting....

How hard is it to use some 3m 1080 vinyl wrap on plastic parts?

https://www.fellers.com/fellers-sho...comply-air-egress-and-controltac-slideability

Much thanks!
Sponsored

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. (PP) Magnetic
Anyone doing any self installs of vinyl wraps? Not the entire car, heck not even the exterior, just some of the plastic parts. :)

Specifically I want to dress up the engine bay and wrap the plastic radiator cover. It's huge and the first thing you see when you pop the hood. Yeah, I could spray paint it like I have the covers, but I want a carbon fiber look. AND I suck at spray painting....

How hard is it to use some 3m 1080 vinyl wrap on plastic parts?

https://www.fellers.com/fellers-sho...comply-air-egress-and-controltac-slideability

Much thanks!

Honestly not that hard. It's 80%prep. 10% application, 10% patience.

I've wrapped a lot of my vehicle. Gonna attempt a roof wrap soon

OP
OP
aham23

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
So any recs for where to buy and the tools needed?

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
really all you need is a felt edge card tool, and 3m vinyl. I have seen vivvid brand do alright but 3m is where I'd put my money. I order through amazon.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
The most important tool you will need is "patience". I did my roof with a buddys help. buy only 3m products for the best results!

Sponsored

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The most important tool you will need is "patience". I did my roof with a buddys help. buy only 3m products for the best results!

How'd you deal with the xm antenna?

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
We cut around it perfectly, it looked stupid having that red bulb in the middle of all that black. And As you can see i picked up the sharkfin cover from cj pony parts to go right over it with no loss in reception.
Sponsored