Sponsored

Would YOU spend $80,000.00 on a Shelby with FORD stock crashing?

OP
OP
YOLO

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
My opinion is you should spend some time driving the 1LE at the track. If you love it, why buy a GT350 as well? Just enjoy your car and have fun. You seem so tortured and tormented with this decision. It seems like a long time you've been talking, talking but not doing anything.
I'm getting both.

The 1LE to beat the snot out of it, and the GT350 will be more of a Garage Queen and something to hand down to my son.

I can get a 1LE for less than $40k and drive the wheels off of it. It will not be a garage queen and I won't care if my son rips it to pieces.

I think 2019 may be the end of the Shelby 350 so I want one sitting in my garage under a cover.

FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out).

IMHO the Camaro is not a car I desire to keep long-term.

Shelby is a different story.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
If your plan is to buy the GT350 and tuck in a garage under cover, then I guess your time here is done. Not much to discuss about a car that is put to bed as soon as it arrives. Maybe your son will show up here in the future when he decides it's time to uncover it and drive the snot out of it finally.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm getting both.

The 1LE to beat the snot out of it, and the GT350 will be more of a Garage Queen and something to hand down to my son.

I can get a 1LE for less than $40k and drive the wheels off of it. It will not be a garage queen and I won't care if my son rips it to pieces.

I think 2019 may be the end of the Shelby 350 so I want one sitting in my garage under a cover.

You will really miss out if you buy a GT350 and don't take it to the track. Especially if you buy an R.

Wilson44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Avalanche Gray
I'm getting both.

This makes your original post even more nonsensical. Why do you care about stock price and part availability for something that won't be driven? I promise you the guy that owns a 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO isn't worried about parts being available for his garage queen / investment car.

We're definitely being trolled here...

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Ecoboost is killing Ford. Very questionable decisions with engine choice in new Raptor and Ford GT.
Given the amount of 2017+ Raptors I see on the road, doesn't seem to be hurting sales.

I'd love to see the 3.5L out of the Raptor in a GT350 chassis. It'd be a riot.

As for F150's with 3.5L Ecoboost, I've been told by several people they tow better than the 5.0L.
Agreed. I love the Coyote, but the 5.0 is a terrible motor to tow with. I did about 150 miles worth of towing with a 2018 Raptor and it was great. Works wonderfully with the 10R80. 2017 5.0, not so much.

BUUUUUT... the 6.2 in the old Raptor was also great for towing. Just not fuel economy.

rb336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Focus
Yeah Im with you on the $100k pickup trucks. I dont get it and I also dont get where people get their money for those but on the other side of that they sell each and everyone they can get their hands on. I also think its a bad move for Ford to stop building sedans, they just gave that entire market to the Japanese. My dad has a 2017 Taurus which is a great car IMO and I am 6'3 and fit just fine in the back seat. Ford should rethink the whole sedan thing. Any how the hell did Ford get into this bad shape anyway? When Mullany left they were doing quite well I thought.
Sedan sales are now less than 30% of the market and falling. Sedans are also a lower profit margin vehicle.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
My friends that drive a 1LE tell me it is difficult for a normal person to use a helmet in that car . . . . not because of their big heads, which I tend to overlook.
Now if you are 5' 4" or less, that may not be an issue. That alone would keep me away from a Camaro.

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
You will really miss out if you buy a GT350 and don't take it to the track. Especially if you buy an R.
Amen!

Those that don't get a chance to enjoy the car at the track are really missing out... it is sooo good! But you'll have to be careful, as soon as you try it once... you only want more.

IMDNS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I'm getting both.

Hmmm...
I don't understand why you buy the 1LE. Sounds like you buy it because it is cheap and you don't really love it, so you can beat the crap out of it.
I also don't understand why you haven't bought a GT350. Sounds like you love it so much you don't even want to drive it. None of the engine blown issue is going to affect you if you are not going to drive it?
And I don't understand why you want to buy a GT350 and don't drive it. The build quality is POS and painful to look at. BUT it drives like nothing else. You miss all the good parts.

Sponsored

JimsFury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT (Grabber Lime), 1996 Ford Ranger
Starting to sound like a Deepwater Chevrolet Cave Troll.

Maybe these guys who are hating FORD so much can go get them a Chevrolet that was held together with $52 billion in loans and still havent repaid all of it back to the American people, or better yet go get a Dodge which is on its 2nd bailout....

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Ford is still controlled by the family. They avoided the industry meltdown a while back by not taking the buyout: The “Family” could have been wiped out. So that wasn’t going to happen.
When the stock dropped below $2 back then, I bought a bunch and made a bunch.
So I doubt Ford is going anywhere. Its still a very profitable, multi-billion company.
Playing in the stock market is not for the faint of heart.

JimsFury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Ford is still controlled by the family. They avoided the industry meltdown a while back by not taking the buyout: The “Family” could have been wiped out. So that wasn’t going to happen.
When the stock dropped below $2 back then, I bought a bunch and made a bunch.
So I doubt Ford is going anywhere. Its still a very profitable, multi-billion company.
Playing in the stock market is not for the faint of heart.
Truth be known, FMC actually did do a bailout of their own, they sold off the "Blue Oval" and several other things that they owned to keep themselves afloat but they did not take any US Govt. money, once their financial situation stabilized they purchased everything back that they had sold including the "blue oval".

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Truth be known, FMC actually did do a bailout of their own, they sold off the "Blue Oval" and several other things that they owned to keep themselves afloat but they did not take any US Govt. money, once their financial situation stabilized they purchased everything back that they had sold including the "blue oval".
How is the selling and acquisition of assets considered a 'bailout'?

bail·out
ˈbāˌlout/
noun
informal

1. an act of giving financial assistance to a failing business or economy to save it from collapse.

JimsFury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
How is the selling and acquisition of assets considered a 'bailout'?

bail·out
ˈbāˌlout/
noun
informal

1. an act of giving financial assistance to a failing business or economy to save it from collapse.

You can call it what you will, I just used that as reference. But the bottom line is they didnt borrow Obozo's money so I am not worried about them going anywhere now.
Sponsored