Sponsored

Would YOU spend $80,000.00 on a Shelby with FORD stock crashing?

rb336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Focus
Wall Street knows next to nothing when it comes to long-term viability or profitability. This is why contrarian investors usually out-perform the market, especially long term. Their only concern is the quarterly report, and Ford's quarterly drops in profits were largely due to issues beyond their control - such as a supplier fire that halted production on the F series, their most profitable product, and Trump's tariffs, which have cut into the profitability of their Chinese operations. Europe is troubling, but it that way for everyone in that market.

Stock market is a bunch of investors' opinions on a company.

Tesla is at $305/share. They ziptie parts (which should not be ziptie'd) as part of their assembly. https://imgur.com/a/ss5fE
Tesla has also never turned a profit. They aren't a good business. They present intriguing ideas, but ultimately their engineering/product isn't up to par.

But alas, "investors" value Tesla more than Ford and more than most other OEMs. It doesn't correlate to jack shit. Don't take stock price as an indicator of a company's ability.
Sponsored

JimsFury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT (Grabber Lime), 1996 Ford Ranger
This really pisses me off. Haven't owned a Ford in years, now that I want a 2019 Shelby the stock is getting Killed by Wall Street.

In 3 years the stock has gone from $18.00 share to $9.00 :puke:

A 50% loss, what a joke.

Today Ford Motor Co. had its rating cut to 1 Level above JUNK status. :punch:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-junk-as-moody-s-warns-of-restructuring-risks

Ford Teeters Toward Junk With Moody's Warning of Restructuring Risks

Seems like the Perfect Storm is hitting Ford.

Steel tariffs, no more sedans in the lineup, Wall St says dividend has to be cut 30%, terrible management, etc...

I'm starting to feel uncomfortable ordering an $80,000.00 car when some Wall St analyst are saying Ford is in serious trouble as a car company.

P.S. I guess the writing was on the Wall when pickup trucks cost $100,000.00 :shock:
Ford.png

Yeah Im with you on the $100k pickup trucks. I dont get it and I also dont get where people get their money for those but on the other side of that they sell each and everyone they can get their hands on. I also think its a bad move for Ford to stop building sedans, they just gave that entire market to the Japanese. My dad has a 2017 Taurus which is a great car IMO and I am 6'3 and fit just fine in the back seat. Ford should rethink the whole sedan thing. Any how the hell did Ford get into this bad shape anyway? When Mullany left they were doing quite well I thought.

JimsFury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Eh...I wouldn't go that far. The Taurus for instance was just a let down. Cramped back seat, it torque steered like oh my god, and had a constantly confused transmission. The Fusion Sport was a swing and a miss because it felt too pedestrian for a "sport" sedan that tried to do everything for you. The FiST, FoST, and FoRS are awesome. But their base cousins are just a'ight. Nothing special for sure.

Then there's Mopar. Awful base cars but turn into magic once they get V8's, hard hitting transmissions, burly brakes, and suspension that actually is fun. Note, I say FUN, not precise. But they have character and lots of it.

You can go and buy all the Mopar's you want and you had better be in love with the POS because resell value on anything Chrysler Corp is as bad if not worse than KIA.

OP
OP
YOLO

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
You can go and buy all the Mopar's you want and you had better be in love with the POS because resell value on anything Chrysler Corp is as bad if not worse than KIA.

The only way I would buy a Dodge is used and cheap.

Then several years later I'll still lose my azz. :curse:

OP
OP
YOLO

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
Yeah Im with you on the $100k pickup trucks.

I dont get it and I also dont get where people get their money for those but on the other side of that they sell each and everyone they can get their hands on. I also think its a bad move for Ford to stop building sedans, they just gave that entire market to the Japanese. My dad has a 2017 Taurus which is a great car IMO and I am 6'3 and fit just fine in the back seat. Ford should rethink the whole sedan thing. Any how the hell did Ford get into this bad shape anyway? When Mullany left they were doing quite well I thought.
A few months ago my son was in the market for a Pickup.

We were browsing dealership lots and I was floored at the prices of trucks. My son wanted a 5.0L, 4x4, nothing fancy and it was going to cost $50,000+ for a freakin truck. :curse:

I found one truck that looked nice until I read the sticker, $92,000.00. :shock:

Who the heck is buying these trucks?

Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
For that price must of been quite the truck. You can get a fully loaded raptor for less than that.

OP
OP
YOLO

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350

Osofast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium
Vehicle Showcase
Last I checked most car guys want the car for the car, not the given stock price.

JimsFury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
A few months ago my son was in the market for a Pickup.

We were browsing dealership lots and I was floored at the prices of trucks. My son wanted a 5.0L, 4x4, nothing fancy and it was going to cost $50,000+ for a freakin truck. :curse:

I found one truck that looked nice until I read the sticker, $92,000.00. :shock:

Who the heck is buying these trucks?

Raptor 4 door pickups are about $80,000, saw a new one the other day at the dealer.

OP
OP
YOLO

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
Raptor 4 door pickups are about $80,000, saw a new one the other day at the dealer.
Yep, and a V6. :puke:

No thanks. I'll take the 5.0 V8 or a Diesel.

Sponsored

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
Cant say i've ever heard of someone not wanting to buy an auto maker's car based on stock prices. Thats a new one

GrapeApe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2017 Expedition EL, 2002 Camaro Z/28 331 with Twins, 1969 Camaro Z/28, 1969 Plymouth RoadRunner 440 6pack
Cant say i've ever heard of someone not wanting to buy an auto maker's car based on stock prices. Thats a new one
I sold cars in college and can tell you this came up quite often in my area lol. But it was usually from the ultra inverted, mega controlling, no surprises, aerospace system engineer types that have a plan to drive their 1991 minivan until the wheels fall off. You'd be surprised how many people can find a million reasons why they shouldn't buy the car they really want. They create these impossible to fulfill brass ring checklists that allows them to keep the dream alive in their imagination but also kill it every time they get too close.

OP
OP
YOLO

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350

Stock price had nothing to do with it.

I wanted to know if Ford would even be in business 5-10 years from now.

Warranty, parts, etc...

Everyone says it can never happen, Ford is too big etc...

There have been companies Waaaay bigger than Ford that have gone under.

I used to own a 2002 (last year) Pontiac WS6 Trans Am that was a sweeeeeeeet ride.

Guess what?

No more Pontiac (2008)!!!

No more Oldsmobile (2004)!!!

No more Saturn (2009)!!!

P.S. Did Ford get rid of Mercury???

Last edited:

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Ford will be gone in 6 months, don't buy a GT350. Go buy a ZL1 1LE.

OP
OP
YOLO

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350