Sponsored

Would you guys trade in your current mustang for the 2024 dark horse

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I don’t get it, why do people buy a car then trade it in after 6 months? Why buy it in the first place? I’m happy with mine and see no need in getting the DH. But I guess it’s nice to be able to get a new car every 6 months. But why not mod that car and make it more exciting?
Well, let’s see.

Maybe warranty has something to do with it?
Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Not a chance, that’s why I bought a Mach 1, as the interior kills it for me

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Don’t see it happening. I had a chance to order one at a very good price, but, I still have zero interest. Plus I am so far ahead with upgrades on my 23 Mach that is would probably be at least a year before I could start to buy some of the mods I already have. Plus, imo, the Mach looks so much better. Inside and out.

Lancaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang V8 GT Fastback
I’d be open to the idea in 3 years time when no doubt I’ll fancy a bit of a change.

However, I’d have to see it in the flesh, sit in one and take it for a test drive before knowing if I wanted one or not. Like many have said, some of its looks and interior choices seem a bit challenging. The exterior on the DH does looks better balanced than the standard GT version though IMO.

Even if I wanted one though, the price would need to be right. All cars of this type and performance have rocketed in price recently so although I don’t know what the DH will cost in the UK when (or if) it gets here, it’s likely to be considerably more than Mach 1 I’ve recently bought.

Ole Texan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
No!
Ugly exterior, bland, boring, cheap look ,
dumb name, goofy looking badge, …
Interior Don’t want to spend any time in a computer lab staring at screens.

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Im stealing that
You are welcome! Coupes look cool, but rear seat access is poor. Rear seat access is much better with a convertible or sedan.

Anyway, back to Dark Horse... It's hard to imagine paying that kind of premium over a GT. There are lots of other choices when you get to the $70k range. But, it would be cool to bring a Dark Horse to the local car meets. It would get a lot more notice than the regular Mustangs.

Last edited:

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Don’t see it happening. I had a chance to order one at a very good price, but, I still have zero interest. Plus I am so far ahead with upgrades on my 23 Mach that is would probably be at least a year before I could start to buy some of the mods I already have. Plus, imo, the Mach looks so much better. Inside and out.
At the risk of sounding even weirder than I actually am I consider my ‘23 Mach to be approaching automotive art status, kind of in the way I see the 550 Maranello. Either you get it or you don’t.

I don’t hate the S650 but I don’t feel the same way about it. Well, I do kinda hate the hot-glued on iPads but I suspect that’s age related and it’s evidently the wave of the future.

2023GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cornelis
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Had a choice of a 2023 gt premium or a 2024 gt premium and I liked the 2023 the 2024 looked to much like a Camaro in the front end.
It wasn’t the DH but looks similar to it. So the is and was a no.

JoeSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, Manual
You are welcome! Coupes look cool, but rear seat access is poor. Rear seat access is much better with a convertible or sedan.

Anyway, back to Dark Horse... It's hard to imagine paying that kind of premium over a GT. There are lots of other choices when you get to the $70k range. But, it would be cool to bring a Dark Horse to the local car meets. It would get a lot more notice than the regular Mustangs.
What am I getting besides 14hp with a Dark Horse now, nothing about it screams worth it

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
No! But adding to the stable if I see the interior for real and I happen to like it.

Sponsored

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
Not a chance, I don't buy 1st year refresh/redesigns/new generations.. on purpose any ways. I did buy my fiance a 2022 civic sport but it's been solid so far
You're better for it, I bought a 2021 Bronco and I'm up to 5 outstanding recalls so far, lol

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Even though I don’t like the dash screens…….I’d trade in a heart beat

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
My GT/PP is coming up on 8 years old, and has almost 60k miles. It's a Gen II Coyote with MT-82, and I have it sorted to where the suspension is very predictable. I absolutely LOVE the looks of it, and honestly believe the S550 is the BEST looking Mustang ever built, to include the 1969-1970 models, which are probably the peak of that era, as well as the 2000 Cobra-R. I think the interior is great, and is actually nicer than my wife's 2017 C300 in some ways. From a technology standpoint, it has just enough to satisfy me, and has what's important - Android Auto.

I haven't seen an S650 in the flesh, but I don't love the pictures. I've heard they look MUCH better in person. Also, the Dark Horse is a kinda dumb name that probably should have been just a blackout package for the GT and Ecoboost. The interior is also pretty iffy for me, and given all the tech in my Bronco (which sometimes works great, and sometimes doesn't work at all), I'm concerned.

That said, if it were a straight up trade, I'd absolutely do it. A 50+ HP increase over what I've done (2018 IM and tune), plus a Tremec, Magneride, 305/315 tires, is a yes for me. Also, that said, I paid $38k OTD for my 2016 GT/PP and most of the rear IRS has been redone with Steeda parts. An equivalent Dark Horse Premium with the handling pack is $70k. That's a no from me, and will probably price me out of any future Mustang purchases.

JR
Sponsored