Would anyone try lab grown meat?

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
Oh they're already trying it here in Colorado (the state being one of the largest meat product producers in the world). But they're not even talking tax - they are skipping the sin tax all together and introducing legislation which will be on the next ballot to make it illegal to have any livestock. I wish I was joking, this is 100% happening right now. Our governor, for as much of a fat headed moron he is, is opposed to the legislation because the meat industry here is one of the biggest economic streams for the state. However, considering how liberal the state is, this bill is gaining a lot of traction and I would not be surprised if voters passed it.
Ahhh... there it is, didn't take long to bring up politics 🙄. I'm out.
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Red meat is bad
Humans are omnivores, we are supposed to eat both meat and plants to be healthy.

I will not eat any lab grown crap if I can help it and you can have your coconut based meat substitute.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Sure. I went vegan a few years ago for moral, ethical, environmental and health reasons and because I don't need anymore karmic debt. But, if the synthetic meat is unhealthful I would avoid it. I try to eat Plant Based Whole food most of the time.

Red meat is bad: for the animals that suffer under horribly inhumane conditions, for the planet that suffers insult and injury, and for the red-meat eater's health.

Before I stopped eating animal products my total cholesterol was 289 with an LDL of 130 and I was on 40mg of Lipitor a day. Now my total cholesterol is 156, LDL < 100, and I take NOTHING. And, I know for a fact, I have NO vascular disease.
Seriously? You are saying that "Red meat is bad...for the red-mat eater's health"

I get it your vegan. Congrats. I'm glad it works for you. But making a blanket statement that "red meat is bad for health" is absolutely ridiculous.

Genetics play a bigger part in everyone's health that anyone wants to admit.

I eat a lot of red meat / chicken, I drink, I smoke etc.
I'm not overweight. I mainly eat Keto. I lift heavy things whenever I can. My cholesterol is low. My bp is normally around 110/70 or a tick lower. My resting heart rate is 50-60BPM.

So I guess smoking / drinking and red meat is responsible? No - my genetics play a bigger part than anything.

Human beings advanced to the stage we are at now because we are designed to hunt and eat meat. If ancient humans had been vegan - we wouldn't be having this conversation. Our race would have died out. There weren't many GNC stores or whole food to go buy vitamin supplements - especially B12.

Natural sources of B12? Animal proteins and products.

Any diet that REQUIRES you to take vitamin supplements isn't a good diet.

Lab meat?

I worked in a slaughterhouse as a teenager. Meat is meat. Although I doubt lab grown meat will take off anytime soon because of stigma and cost.

Seriously - any lab grown meat starts with an animal stem cell - so it's just meat.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6

Sponsored

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'll eat some. I don't care where it comes from as long as it looks/tastes/smells like beef and I can put cheese on it and stick it between some buns....

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I'll eat some. I don't care where it comes from as long as it looks/tastes/smells like beef and I can put cheese on it and stick it between some buns....
I do want to agree with this but there is a simple fact I've experienced. Ground beef from Safeway is better with salt, pepper, and/or seasoning of choice. When Jennifer the cow is ground up, no need for any seasoning at all.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I do want to agree with this but there is a simple fact I've experienced. Ground beef from Safeway is better with salt, pepper, and/or seasoning of choice. When Jennifer the cow is ground up, no need for any seasoning at all.
I can't remember the last time I even bought ground beef. I only buy Ribeye, T-bone, filet, prime rib... But I eat 20x the quantity in Salmon. Got pork belly reducing on the stove right now.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I can't remember the last time I even bought ground beef. I only buy Ribeye, T-bone, filet, prime rib... But I eat 20x the quantity in Salmon. Got pork belly reducing on the stove right now.
I was on a ground turkey kick for a minute till I realized all I was doing was seasoning the health benefits out of it. Instead I'm eating whatever I want in moderation and doing the garage gym thing.

There's a reason Rocky beats Ivan Drago. Champions don't come from labs. And I have no clue where I'm going with this but here at 6g, we do what we want.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Well, maybe the people who feel cows Fart to much killing our planet might eat it. For me, only 100% Pure Beef off the hoof for me.
Sponsored