OP
mannymo5.0

mannymo5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang equip with 2.8 KB SuperCharger.
Manny: I visit my brother in Altadena on occasion and we have traveled to and from LA numerous times. The traffic issue really DOES suck out there and you have my condolences.
Lol thank you for you condolences, it’s something I have to live with living in L.A. unfortunately
Sponsored

OP
OP
mannymo5.0

mannymo5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
Let's start a Poll, put me down for the end of Jan or early Feb 2020 for the Base model start up. CFTP sometime in March, weather permitting.
I’m hoping for January, but my gut says February/March

OP
OP
mannymo5.0

mannymo5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
guys stop worrying, if you have a 01/xx date, you have a date
Thankfully some of us have a January date, but does that date matter when They will shut down for two-three months And won’t start up until March? Originally I had a 11/26 date but got pushed back to January. I think for most of us this is all new and just have questions, thankfully the people in the forums have been very helpful.

Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
From what I was told by my dealer is that we (me) should get a Vin by Dec, and that they will be shutdown for the heart of the winter, due to the extreme cold I was told the tires (which are summer tires and sticky cup tires) will crack under the extreme cold and will be pushed to end of Feb beginning of March. And he told me to expect a Spring delivery, which is find by me.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
AD: How I wish I had your patience and best of luck with the spring delivery.
KB, actually it works out for me at least this year, I wouldn't have had the room to put the beast anywhere, so when it comes in the spring I'll have the room, plus getting it in the winter would be useless anyhow cause I would be waiting for the spring. At least when it does show up half my neighborhood is showing up, most know and are dying to come see it. My friend placed his order for the C8 Vette and when he gets it after our break-in period, we are swapping keys for a weekend. Best of both worlds and my neighborhood kids are going to lose their minds :D

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I go back and forth with the whole getting the car in the middle of winter -vs- spring. I 100% agree spring would be a better time to get it and enjoy it. My problem is that I seem to be an instant gratification kinda guy, and I WANT IT NOW lol.

In all seriousness, I am just happy to be getting my first Shelby, and one of this magnitude to start with. I wish you all the absolute best of luck getting yours, and am super excited to see some first hand customer reviews, and pictures. I can not wait to see what some of you accomplish with yours. I for one, will never have soft ice cream again with my grocery getter!

Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I was under the impression , Ford stops production of all GT350 Mustangs in December and resumes production at the end of March . I would think No GT500 Mustangs would be built from December until End of March.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
KB, actually it works out for me at least this year
AD: In that case, not having a roof for your new baby WOULD be a deal breaker on delivery and roger on your Winter weather.

I'm also like Jaime...I want what I want when I want it. <laughing>

Fortunately, unlike most, I will be able to drive mine during the Winter but I expect I'll have to be careful with those dang tires in cooler temps. I just hope they're not all cracked to pieces upon arrival.

OP
OP
mannymo5.0

mannymo5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
Yea I fell ya I was orginally 10/21 then 11/11 then 12/24 now 1/27 for past 3 or weeks now this blows waiting and not knowing
I feel ya! In reality those with January dates will get our cars in April if lucky.

OP
OP
mannymo5.0

mannymo5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
I was under the impression , Ford stops production of all GT350 Mustangs in December and resumes production at the end of March . I would think No GT500 Mustangs would be built from December until End of March.
From what I heard the gt500 base will be build a little longer than CFTP maybe they will be built through December and stop in January? Who knows

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Thankfully some of us have a January date, but does that date matter when They will shut down for two-three months And won’t start up until March? Originally I had a 11/26 date but got pushed back to January. I think for most of us this is all new and just have questions, thankfully the people in the forums have been very helpful.
Yea I fell ya I was orginally 10/21 then 11/11 then 12/24 now 1/27 for past 3 or weeks now this blows waiting and not knowing

I hear you, few have felt the delay pain as i have, so i get it.

My point is, if i were in yiir situation, or as i see your sit now:
Ford knows the dates they are planning on producing, better than the people we are conversing with here or at FP( except for the 1 who shall not be named)
And if they have given you a date, in the context of everyone that has been pushed 3-4x are now being built, then you have a date. 01/xx is 01/xx.
When they have shut down previously, may not matter. You currently have an 01/xx build date, and -I- would take that as the most accurate information at this time, amd expect to be built then.

Would not make any sense to assign a date knowing they wont be produced for 2 more months
Sponsored