Winter Shut down?

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
I go back and forth with the whole getting the car in the middle of winter -vs- spring. I 100% agree spring would be a better time to get it and enjoy it. My problem is that I seem to be an instant gratification kinda guy, and I WANT IT NOW lol.

In all seriousness, I am just happy to be getting my first Shelby, and one of this magnitude to start with. I wish you all the absolute best of luck getting yours, and am super excited to see some first hand customer reviews, and pictures. I can not wait to see what some of you accomplish with yours. I for one, will never have soft ice cream again with my grocery getter!
Well I do have the same mentality, but being that i dont have a VIN yet kinda makes it not real yet, even though my '16 CS is not here I can just put it in my head that its in the shop. Its after getting the VIN that I would hammer all 3 COTUS websites waiting to see movement (even though I was told when I figure maybe I'll get lucky).

Here's my first review even before getting the car, I HATE the fact that there is no stick shift for the gears and we have a dial (Watch them put it back on the 2021 and piss me off), makes me feel like I'm playing freakin' tempest from back in the day.

Jmeo, Ice cream? In the CAR? If you do that then its grounds that you give up your car, thats blasphemy! :)

I was under the impression , Ford stops production of all GT350 Mustangs in December and resumes production at the end of March . I would think No GT500 Mustangs would be built from December until End of March.
Was told the same thing the GT500 is following the GT350 during winter break.
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Jmeo, Ice cream? In the CAR? If you do that then its grounds that you give up your car, thats blasphemy! :)
LOL, no worries, not ice cream in a cone, or dish. I mean from grocery shopping, which is also kind of a joke because I won't be tracking, or dragging the car. It will be a pleasure mobile for cruises, dinners, trips away, and of course grocery shipping haha.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
LOL, no worries, not ice cream in a cone, or dish. I mean from grocery shopping, which is also kind of a joke because I won't be tracking, or dragging the car. It will be a pleasure mobile for cruises, dinners, trips away, and of course grocery shipping haha.
Just ribbing :D

Mine wont be for track or dragging either, hence no track pack, but there will be spirited driving :devil:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Just ribbing :D

Mine wont be for track or dragging either, hence no track pack, but there will be spirited driving :devil:
Oh ya, otherwise the ice cream will melt :giggle:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
AD: I didn't order the Snack Pack because I'm a track junkie cuz odds are, she'll never see one. I spent the extra dough mainly for painted stripes and but also for the CF wheels. I'll probably never need all the downforce either but I think the car looks fantastic with the wing.

Nope, no grocery shopping here either, Jaime. Hell, I would never leave her in a Wally World parking lot even long enough to get a gallon of milk. <chuckling> Like my current car, this one will also never be parked where I can't see it from wherever I'm going.

Speaking of the current girl, I just gave her a good wash job to get the dust off <smile> and it was downright chilly way down here. The Web says it's 66 but with a constant 15kt wind, I had to ditch the shorts and tshirt for long pants and a shirt. :-) She still looks new though.

Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Oh ya, otherwise the ice cream will melt :giggle:
:like:

AD: I didn't order the Snack Pack because I'm a track junkie cuz odds are, she'll never see one. I spent the extra dough mainly for painted stripes and but also for the CF wheels. I'll probably never need all the downforce either but I think the car looks fantastic with the wing.

Nope, no grocery shopping here either, Jaime. Hell, I would never leave her in a Wally World parking lot even long enough to get a gallon of milk. <chuckling> Like my current car, this one will also never be parked where I can't see it from wherever I'm going.

Speaking of the current girl, I just gave her a good wash job to get the dust off <smile> and it was downright chilly way down here. The Web says it's 66 but with a constant 15kt wind, I had to ditch the shorts and tshirt for long pants and a shirt. :-) She still looks new though.
Yeah I couldn't justify in my head the cost of painted stripes. I am getting the vinyl stripes and in truth I am getting it done 3rd party and not from Ford, because it will cost me half of what Ford charges, and on top of that I am getting the car Ceramic coated which will protect the vinyl stripes for good, so there wont be any chance of them getting damaged. And of course the only thing that this beast will be carrying is me and sometimes the other half, anything else, thats why I got an Overland :)

Just Plain Bill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Teddy
Vehicle(s)
Sold - 2015 GT 50 th Anniversary
Let's start a Poll, put me down for the end of Jan or early Feb 2020 for the Base model start up. CFTP sometime in March, weather permitting.
@Snoopy49, I sure hope you are correct. Put me down for Feb-01.
FP did say on the phone that they will shutdown the Base production for the 'winter months', whatever that is.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
You are a perfect candidate for a rear seat delete then.
If your referring to me, then yes, but at least I have the option , whereas that option was only available with the TP.

@Snoopy49, I sure hope you are correct. Put me down for Feb-01.
FP did say on the phone that they will shutdown the Base production for the 'winter months', whatever that is.
I've been told Winter months are Dec to Jan/Feb.
Sponsored