Sponsored

Winter Shut down?

mannymo5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang equip with 2.8 KB SuperCharger.
Will their be a winter shut down for the 2020 GT500? Was there a shut down when the GT350s came out? I have heard both answers yes and no, Kyle from FP told me base cars were going to be produce durning the winter. But @NoahwithFP told me their was going to be a shut down starting the second week of December- March. Hopefully someone has some insight and can confirm if their will be a shut down.
Sponsored

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R
UAW Contract shows Christmas Holiday between December 25 - January 1 for the 2019 Calendar Year. Any closure after that would be plant designated for maintenance, training, etc.

Will it happen outside of the Christmas Holiday? I have been told assembly is typically suspended until March 1, but I would trust the opinion of a Flat Rock Assembly Plant employee due to the many interests and variables.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
UAW Contract shows Christmas Holiday between December 25 - January 1 for the 2019 Calendar Year. Any closure after that would be plant designated for maintenance, training, etc.

Will it happen outside of the Christmas Holiday? I have been told assembly is typically suspended until March 1, but I would trust the opinion of a Flat Rock Assembly Plant employee due to the many interests and variables.
WOW, I did not know that they shut it down for 2 months from Jan. 1st to March 1st. If that is correct there's no way many of us will be getting our cars in March or April timeframe. I was kinda counting on getting mine no later than April but now in reading that post I will need to completely " Rearrange My Thinking". Now I wonder if May, June, July is a more realistic time frame?????? Here in Omaha we only have about a 6 or 7 month window to drive our cars due to the shitty weather we get from early Nov. to early April.

OP
OP
mannymo5.0

mannymo5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
WOW, I did not know that they shut it down for 2 months from Jan. 1st to March 1st. If that is correct there's no way many of us will be getting our cars in March or April timeframe. I was kinda counting on getting mine no later than April but now in reading that post I will need to completely " Rearrange My Thinking". Now I wonder if May, June, July is a more realistic time frame?????? Here in Omaha we only have about a 6 or 7 month window to drive our cars due to the shitty weather we get from early Nov. to early April.
It’s pretty disappointing they will shut down for winter Im schedule for 1/26 I was hoping i would have my car by March but with this shut down who knows when most of Will be getting our 500s. What’s more disappointing I was schedule for Nov 26 and got pushed to Jan.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
It’s pretty disappointing they will shut down for winter Im schedule for 1/26 I was hoping i would have my car by March but with this shut down who knows when most of Will be getting our 500s. What’s more disappointing I was schedule for Nov 26 and got pushed to Jan.
I do feel bad for you especially living in L.A. Here in Omaha we couldn't drive our cars from early Nov. to early April. Especially with the soft compound tires. Most days here in Dec and Jan are lucky if we see 30 degrees. Does the L.A. traffic drive you crazy sometimes???

Sponsored

Mkeane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
I’m hoping they continue the Base thru winter

OP
OP
mannymo5.0

mannymo5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
You and i both, this process has been so long. And it just keeps getting longer.

OP
OP
mannymo5.0

mannymo5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
I do feel bad for you especially living in L.A. Here in Omaha we couldn't drive our cars from early Nov. to early April. Especially with the soft compound tires. Most days here in Dec and Jan are lucky if we see 30 degrees. Does the L.A. traffic drive you crazy sometimes???
Man winter out there is rough, 70 degrees here in L.A. at the moment. It definitely does, if you’re out in the freeway by 2:30 you’re stuck in bad traffic. I have be stuck in traffic for 3 hours when usually it will take me about 45-50min. It sucks out here.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
It sucks out here.
Manny: I visit my brother in Altadena on occasion and we have traveled to and from LA numerous times. The traffic issue really DOES suck out there and you have my condolences.

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
I'm pretty certain if history repeats itself, they will continue to produce non CFTP GT500s through the winter, as they have done in the past with GT350's vs GT350R's. It doesn't make sense to me that they would stop all GT500 production, when they have not done that before with the Shelby cars.

Sponsored

jpopcorn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Audi RS3
I called my dealer. He said let's hope we get a VIN before the winter shutdown. Now it all makes sense. Wow!

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Let's start a Poll, put me down for the end of Jan or early Feb 2020 for the Base model start up. CFTP sometime in March, weather permitting.

Mkeane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
My dealer told me his rep said we should get scheduled next month for a Jan build, let’s hope that’s the case

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I called my dealer. He said lets hope we get a VIN before the winter shutdown. Now it all makes sense. Wow!
I would be surprised to see them issue anymore VINs before the Holiday break, they still have at least !,000 VINs that have been issued that have not been sent to the plant for production. Logic says they are going to have to reduce that number to a manageable level before issuing more VINs. This is a guess on my part. I guess we will just have to wait and see. Everyone wants me to be wrong, and no one wants me to be right more than me. Mr. Material Hold.
Sponsored