Winter setup opinions for Quebec (canada) winter

Eisman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang.... Duhhhh
I'm in Petawawa Ontario. I use my stock PP wheels as my winter set. My summers are MRR M600s. I'm lowered on Sportlines, and the Mustang is NOT a good winter car. Any sort of deep snow will give you a hard time, even with winter tires.
Sponsored

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Lowered cars, no matter what car will be hindered by deep snow. Its not unique to the Mustang.

Ground clearance, winter tires and AWD are your friends in winter. Can't expect a lowered RWD sports car to perform all that well.

OP
OP

Stephane4985

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephane
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Mustang GT PP
Thanks for all your feedback. I think for now, the option I think I will choose if to go with 18" winter wheels with good winter tires (X-ice Xi3, Nokiam hakka R2 or Blizzak DM-V2).
Will keep the 19 inch black accent wheels for summer.

Still not decide if I will get tpms, as it seems i does not affect the car in away way except for a light in the dash.

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
I rock Nokian Hakka R2s for the last 2 winters on stock 19" black accent package wheels.

WORTH EVERY PENNY especially in North Dakota winters and being about 2 hours south of Winnipeg.

Nokians or WALK as far as im concerned
Yes, the Nokians are best. I run X-Ice myself because the Nokians were sold out when I needed to buy... excellent tires, amazing traction, just not the nth percent I hear.

moreause

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
just look around i had a GOOD price on the us side for PP wheel with TPMS included

you just bough a brand new car i'm sur you can afford some TPMS sensor ..if not don't buy the car

by the way 18 or 19 doesn't change much ..it's an old habit price are not that different

i personnaly went with hakkapelita 8 studded tire ... they do the jobs
Sponsored