Sponsored

Windsheild C-R-A-C-K

MyMustangVault

Ghost Rhider
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE WW #381
Got about a 10 inch horizontal crack that starts from the very edge of the passenger side (traveling towards the center.....). I do have auto insurance for windsheild replacement - I guess I just need to make sure that the FORD dealership does the replacement, since the windsheild has the FORD Logo at the top center!?
Sponsored

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I got mine replaced with safelite and they used the OEM windshield.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
These things crack very easily.

Mine cracked the first day I got it.

OP
OP
MyMustangVault

MyMustangVault

Ghost Rhider
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE WW #381
How do the inspection and registration stickers get transfered over to the new one?

Sponsored

FlowForm_Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hrewheels.com
First Name
HRE Wheels
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The timing of this post is great! I too have the same thing. Just went out to the garage one morning backed it out and noticed it. Nothing hit the windshield. It just starts right at the very bottom and has grown over the past week quite a bit (as expected).

I took it in to my local Ford dealer last Friday as I did some research and "stress cracks" are typically covered under your warranty. I brought it in, the service adviser acknowledged it being a stress crack and said she has only seen a couple cars in the time she has been there. No 15 Mustangs yet. She proceeded to take pics to send in to Ford for approval.

I got a call from her this week stating that Ford stated it looks like it was hit and that I need to go back in to have her manager look at it. This has been bothering me having the feeling that I am going to have to go to battle with the dealership. There are NO signs of anything hitting it. It should be covered no questions asked. Hopefully they play fair and take care of it. Going back in tomorrow.
IMG_4336.JPG
IMG_4334.JPG
IMG_4335.JPG

OP
OP
MyMustangVault

MyMustangVault

Ghost Rhider
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE WW #381
I got my windshield replaced with OEM from Ford for $50 deductible. Now my rearview mirror vibrates like crazy......I need to take it back and see what can be done about that!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Ugh. Got a crack in mine tonight. This will be my 4th windshield!!!! Factory + 3rd replacement, and the car is only 9 months old!!!!!!

I've never seen anything like it. Each time, an object hits it (and creates a very tiny crater) within an inch of the edge and it cracks from there. I am convinced that the glass must be thinner and/or lighter (less strong) than the S197 model. It has to be.

I had to bump up my insurance to zero deductible because I am NOT paying $250 every 5 months for this car. Its costing me an extra $40/year but the windshield will be at no cost. I go to Safelite and they know me already. Time for another windshield, Mr. Leibowitz? I always get the OEM Carlite glass, and this time I had the SoundScreen glass.

This is terrible though.

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
Dont follow trucks closely...

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Last night I wasn't. I was on a 4 lane road in the evening with a car in front but not close and only going maybe 40-50.

Sponsored

Mustm26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Don't follow anyone closely is my rule esp. considering the reputation of these windshields.

astolt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT PP
Can you request a heavier windshield when replaced?

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
I have gotten a couple deep rock chips but i always fill them the same day with resin so luckily no big crack in the wind shield yet.

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Can you request a heavier windshield when replaced?
As for OEM there's only 1 kind. You mean an aftermarket one?

I'm going to ask the glass guy if he thinks this one is lighter than others.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Picked up my 15 200 miles from where I live. I left late so there would be less cars on the road and less chance of chips on the bumper and anything hitting my windshield. Just over a few miles before my exit off 95 a semi was merging I even let off to slow down so he can merge without me getting to close. Literally had to be just under an 1/8 of a mile ahead of me. Then bam! I hear something hit the glass! I was so pissed. I immediately grabbed my flashlight and started looking for a huge crack for as loud as it was. Didn't see anything. When I got home inspected further and luckily only had 3 tiny pit marks just above the passenger wiper blade. It looked like it was a cluster of little rocks hardened in that clay you see when there is construction. It must have broken up when it hit my glass because there was clay dust up the glass. I got some glass polish to lighten and smooth out the pit marks and tiny surface scratches. It will do till I get something worse. OEM glass from Ford is about $300 retail. None of the Ford dealers install it by me they provide the glass and sub out the install to a local mobile glass company. I work at a BMW dealership and our techs do glass replacement. So when it's time I'll order the glass through work at a reduced cost and have my friend/coworker do the replacement... Not worth making a claim as I have a $500 deductible. And there is no separate glass coverage here in VA.
Sponsored