mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
Has anyone with a safe and smart package car had a windshield replaced? Mine is going under the knife Thursday and I have a question: did the new windshield come with the sensors pre-installed or was the old sensor array removed and reused?
Sponsored

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
I believe the bracket may come part of the windshield and then they transfer everything over.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
I don't have safe and smart but I do have the rain sensor. This is what the inside of the glass looks like from the new windshield. They will reuse your sensor and add a new gel pad unless you buy a new sensor.

IMG_2942.jpg

OP
OP
mejohn50

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
I believe the bracket may come part of the windshield and then they transfer everything over.
I don't have safe and smart but I do have the rain sensor. This is what the inside of the glass looks like from the new windshield. They will reuse your sensor and add a new gel pad unless you buy a new sensor.

IMG_2942.jpg
Thanks. I wasn’t sure how it was all attached to the windshield. I assumed because of the price I’m paying for the glass over here it would have included the sensors. I’ll know more Thursday.
Sponsored