Window Tint

camstaysrolen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Hey y’all, I just took delivery of my 2022 Mustang GT a few days ago and need some window tint ASAP. In your own experience what do you recommend? what percentage? and what did you pay? Im here in texas and i was quoted a few different prices ranging from $199 for basic XPEL CP tint all the way up to $599 for their XPEL Plus XR.
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
What part of Texas are you in?

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Gotcha. I know a good place in Austin, but that's not much help. Actually you could check with the local dealerships and ask who they use for tint. It will probably be a place that does a high volume of mustangs, and someplace that doesn't have quality issues.

I think I have a Llumar brand film, and they have a lifetime warranty. Either dog slobber or me using the wrong cleaner caused the drivers/passenger windows to start to deteriorate after a 5 years, and they replaced them under warranty for free. The other windows have been perfect and the tint was applied in 2015.

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
Get the darkest and still be legal. The high dollar tint is no better than the lower cost provided you use a name brand and good shop

Sponsored

OP
OP
camstaysrolen

camstaysrolen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Gotcha. I know a good place in Austin, but that's not much help. Actually you could check with the local dealerships and ask who they use for tint. It will probably be a place that does a high volume of mustangs, and someplace that doesn't have quality issues.

I think I have a Llumar brand film, and they have a lifetime warranty. Either dog slobber or me using the wrong cleaner caused the drivers/passenger windows to start to deteriorate after a 5 years, and they replaced them under warranty for free. The other windows have been perfect and the tint was applied in 2015.
Thanks so much for the input, I’ll call around and see where that gets me! thanks again

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
ceramics do nothing

Hberg

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hbergonline.com
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
I did XPEL XR+ at 55% on all windows except the windshield. We traveled to Vail from Kansas City over the 4th of July Weekend, and we were extremely comfortable. I am not a fan of the darker tint, and we are allowed 35% in Kansas & Missouri. My decision was more about performance than the darkness of the tint.

After the trip the wife suggested getting the windshield done, and I plan on having XPEL XR+ 70% installed.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
References for legal limits by state are plentiful, but many often stray from what's legal, sometimes to extremes.

I'm going semi-legal. Skye's sides and back will be legal (30% in CO), but the front windshield will be full 70% (CO law says only top four inches, nearest the roofline). Many here go 20% on the sides and full 70% on the front windshield.

XCEL Plus XR, ceramic. See if the shop quoting you has a demo. Mine had a heat lamp with the different types of tint available. The heat-blocking qualities, especially on the front windshield, should prove incredible in TX.

The quoting shop might also have an outside demo, so you can see the differences in % blocking and how they will look in the Sun, both sides, before you decide.

Project costs for all tint I referenced is approaching $500 here. The shop doing the work is one of the best in the area.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Buckeye63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium w6sp
Hey y’all, I just took delivery of my 2022 Mustang GT a few days ago and need some window tint ASAP. In your own experience what do you recommend? what percentage? and what did you pay? Im here in texas and i was quoted a few different prices ranging from $199 for basic XPEL CP tint all the way up to $599 for their XPEL Plus XR.
I would go with 3M Ceramic IR. I think it’s the best tint on the market. I’m in Ohio, so I did 50% on the sides and rear and nothing on the front to keep me legal.