Window Tint Photos?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I am told by my BIL who lived in Florida, there are front windshield tint available, clear color type.
Good point. Doing the windshield is absolutely necessary for total heat reduction.
Windshield - Air Ceramic 80
All others - Black Ceramic 30

Tint 2.JPG

Tint 3.jpg
Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Wow, don't know where you live, $500 is twice what I paid mine for J&J Ceramic, two sides and rear windshield. Low tax Alamaba.
I live in SoCal. Everything costs more here, but it’s all worth it cause we have draconian laws, insane gas prices and enough traffic to make you go mental…

The front windshield added a big chunk of money too, it was a little more than half that without the windshield.

Last edited:

Doug T

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Just my .02. I used Llumar top of the line nano ceramic Formulae One at 35% and didn't like it. It always looked milky, never crystal clear. Even from the outside it had a dull look. My guy told me it was because I didn't go dark enough and that's what happens when the light refracts off the ceramic tint. If I ever do it again it won't be ceramic. I'd probably go with the Llumar ATR metallic. I like a nice shine on the windows, A little reflective if you will. Plus it's a helluva lot cheaper. And yes my guy does top shelf tint work.

Prymetime1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS,
Not sure the brand of tint but this is 5%...not limo tint....windsheild brow done, helps alot with glare.

20210905_194244.jpg

20211007_165140.jpg

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Just my .02. I used Llumar top of the line nano ceramic Formulae One at 35% and didn't like it. It always looked milky, never crystal clear. Even from the outside it had a dull look. My guy told me it was because I didn't go dark enough and that's what happens when the light refracts off the ceramic tint. If I ever do it again it won't be ceramic. I'd probably go with the Llumar ATR metallic. I like a nice shine on the windows, A little reflective if you will. Plus it's a helluva lot cheaper. And yes my guy does top shelf tint work.
I’ve never heard of this before. Llumar is good stuff and I’m sure your guy is good too but the tint percentage should have nothing to do with clarity. You might just have gotten a bad roll. It happens. I would never do non ceramic tint again. Unless you live in Antarctica. :giggle:

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
I have Llumar ceramic tint in my Jeep and I feel a very slight sun heat where as J&J in my wife's Porsche I feel nothing, under the sizzling summer sun in July-August Alabama.

Prymetime1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS,
5% has always been considered “limo” tint as there is nothing darker (that you can see out of).
correct, but im just passing what the shop that did it said. I know when i did my walmart specials back in the day with limo, that shit had a shine to it that this does not. maybe its next percent up but you cant see shit out them at night so....yeah, good ish. lol

Rynoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1 Premium, 6spd, GBM, chas N0121
Kind of a bad photo but it shows the tint the best: 35% ceramic

FFCB5B51-EA14-4AFB-A09D-935FF29A670E.jpeg

Sponsored

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I got pulled over in my FLorida TA along Macon, GA a few years back because of my tint (18%) per his measuring device. He did not ticket or give a warning, but something he said stuck in my mind. He said I could have had the rear window completely blacked out and it would be perfectly legal.

If that is the case, the Mustang Fastback back window, as large as it is, may be a good candidate for ultimate heat-reflective film. Of course some states may have a problem with back windows that are also visually reflective, so you'll want to check on your local regulations.

Prymetime1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS,
I live in SoCal. Everything costs more here, but it’s all worth it cause we have draconian laws, insane gas prices and enough traffic to make you go mental…
that applies to this great garden state as well! makes PA look better everyday :)